Parhelia with loud fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia with loud fan

I just got a used Parhelia AGP 4X OEM card and "upgraded" from my P750. The fan on the P is a bit loud and it sounds like it needs to be replaced. I do not plan on overclocking or anything so I am looking for advice on replacing the fan with one that is not so loud. Any ideas/recommendations???

I didn't look too closely at the card and fan but I assume it shouldn’t be too hard to replace if I get the right replacement fan.

BTW, I want to keep the P750 as is because I may ebay it.

Unfortunately the 'standard' graphics fansink replacements won't fit the Parhelia cards due to Matrox's odd placement of the mounting pins, which don't match what ATI or NVidia use. You might be better off disasembling the heatsink and putting some light oil (the 3-in-1 stuff works great) on the fan bearing, assuming its possible to get at it without ripping the fan apart.

Comment

I found this:

It looks like the fan to get is VERAX G02.

So far I found it for $52.50

I could see maybe $20 but $52?

Anyone here have any experience with this or know where I can get it for less $$?

Thanks

Comment

The card should still be covered by warranty. So, this fan is failing. Could fail any minute now...
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Still under warranty? I got it used so I do not know how old it is or have the receipt.

Probably couldn't get it repaced with the Parhelia 8x could I??

Comment

It's less than 3 years old. All P cards are. Therefore the warranty covers you.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X