Cool Firefox plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Firefox plugins

Figured I'd start a POSITIVE firefox thread here.

Post your favorite Firefox plugins and/or themes, what they do, and a link.

Here's a good one called IE View:

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions...&id=35&vid=145
    Adds "View page in Internet Explorer" links to the content and link context menu. Handy for previewing pages in IE, loading up IE-only pages when you run across them in Mozilla, etc.

Kinda cutesey but cool theme (Noia 2.0 extreme):

Side note: I installed the Dictionary.com search tool recently, but it's not in my drop down search menu, but it is a right click option on words in a web page...
    Last edited by Kooldino; 12 July 2004, 11:12.

Focus Last Selected Tab 0.6

Brings focus to the last selected tab when closing the active tab (instead of the tab to the left of the one you just closed)

Comment

Single Window 1.0

A simple extension that allows Mozilla to fully utilize the built-in tabbed browsing behavior, compatible with Mozilla, Netscape, and Firefox. Singlewindow has only two options: * Single Window Mode -- Traps links that would normally open in a new window
      0.9.2+ compatibile

Comment

Linky
        Nuke Anything
        Flash Click To View
        WebSpider (think that's the name)
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

BugMeNot - Great for all those NYTimes etc. articles linked from Slashdot
          MozEx - Lets you configure actions for different types of links. Now I can click on ed2k:// links and have them do something useful
          RedCats (right-side column) - The theme to use if you're a cat lover, and a really nice theme anyway even if you're not. Shame it doesn't work for SeaMonkey...

The Mozilla Amazon Browser would no doubt be really cool if I did much shopping there.

Edit: Links added as promised, and descriptions too, you lucky people
          Last edited by Ribbit; 13 July 2004, 02:29.
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Re: Cool Firefox plugins

Originally posted by Kooldino

Post your favorite Firefox plugins and/or themes, what they do, and a link.

Comment

Sidenote: Radial Gestures sucks.

Comment

PrefBar, e.g. for some of those stupid you don't have the correct browser sites....it has also some other nice features

I'm using ist with Mozilla, but Firefox should also work.

Maybe this also works with Firefox...never tested it:
                The ability to tweak hidden settings
                cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
                ---
                Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
                JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
                Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Re: Re: Cool Firefox plugins

and a link
                  Umm, Extensions -> Get extensions.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Cool Firefox plugins

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Umm, Extensions -> Get extensions.
                    right right, then look through pages of stuff to even see what it does. Then repeat for each plugin that everyone mentioned.

Comment

Advanced Tab Management
                      Tabbrowser Extensions

Double-click to Open Text URL
                      Text Link

BB Code Context Menu
                      BBCode
                      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool Firefox plugins

right right, then look through pages of stuff to even see what it does. Then repeat for each plugin that everyone mentioned.
                        Yeah, because "Find as you type" is so hard to use.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool Firefox plugins

Originally posted by Wombat
                          Yeah, because "Find as you type" is so hard to use.
                          It's not. But when I have to flip through 10 pages of plugins and use "find as you type" each time for each plugin mentioned it gets tedious. Christ, it's easier for you to paste a link once, knowing exactly where to look, than it is for everyone else to search through 10 pages of stuff individually.

Comment

&lt<!>poke&gt

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool Firefox plugins

It's not. But when I have to flip through 10 pages of plugins and use "find as you type" each time for each plugin mentioned it gets tedious. Christ, it's easier for you to paste a link once, knowing exactly where to look, than it is for everyone else to search through 10 pages of stuff individually.
                              Hmm, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. You don't go here? http://texturizer.net/firefox/extens...ivehttpheaders

Comment

Working...
                              X