Good words for script reading for your boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good words for script reading for your boss

You know when you're on the end of a phone and you've got a script monkey and it pisses you off. Whats an ideal script monkey??
    What would you like them to ask?
    Come on some really daft answers cos I'm going to present them to my boss as a serious questions asked by the public.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

What's a script monkey?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Script monkey.

User My tyre is flat.

Script monkey.

It's only flat on the bottom so you can move.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Or when your ringing BT over services wanting to only block call ID.

Do you want internet services???

I'm not inerested in that.

Do you want internet services.

And no she wasn't a BT script monkey from indian. Home grown I'm afraid.

When your pensior mother has had 48 hrs off nusicance callers and scripr monkey doesn't understand why I'm pissed off.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think the Pit is referring to call center/help desk people who don't really know anything and so can only refer to their "script". It's a preset list of questions and answers they have to go through before you can get bumped up to someone who knows something.

Am I on the right track? I takes quite a bit of deductive reasoning to sort through some of your posts you know TP
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

/\ What he said
            ¦¦
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I love it (read hate it) when I'm calling an ISP, on behalf of a customer, to tell them that their DSL or Cable Wave modem is down and they demand to know what OS the customer is using.

I've given up telling them that it doesn't matter because it's not a config issue. These days I just tell them XP, they say ok and pass me on.

Lately, Bell Canada's ISP (one of the biggest in the country) has been answering the phone with the greeting "How can I provide excellent service for you today?"

The trouble is that because they service Quebec, which is predominantly French speaking, as well as the rest of Canada, which speaks English, they only hire bilingual CSRs who invariably speak English with a heavy accent (we call them frogs!) so the greeting sounds like "Ow an I provid xlent ervis fr ou today?"
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

When I was in High School I worked for a brief time at a fast food establishment called New York Fries.

We only sold fries and drinks.

All the other vendors in the food court sold fries as well; most of the time, all we really sold were drinks, and that was to people who were just thirsty and didn't want to wait in line elsewhere (we usually weren't that busy).

One day the owner had the bright idea that most people wanted to buy fries but that their will power was preventing them. He had us start asking people “do you want fries with that?” whenever they just ordered a drink. It worked; I saw first hand how a person’s defenses would crumble and they would add fries to their order.

The owner got militant about us asking people and he used to send spies to order drinks from us just to see if we offered them fries as well.

I became so programmed that even in the rare times that a customer would order just fries, I’d automatically ask “do you want fries with that?”
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I was in line at the concession stand at a theater once, and there were about 5 people in front of me. I listened as the very tall and goofy-looking 16yo boy concessionaire rattled off his prepared statement to everyone when they asked for popcorn (in a voice as goofy as his face): "would you like buttery flavored topping on that?" When I reached the counter I ordered popcorn, and before he could open his mouth I said (imitating his goofy speech) "with no buttery flavored topping on that."

The look on his face was a riot.

Comment

@schmosef
                    lol. reminds me of the old running Saturday Night Live skit about the Scotch Tape Store.
                    Chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

cheese boogie
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                        @schmosef
                        lol. reminds me of the old running Saturday Night Live skit about the Scotch Tape Store.
                        Chuck
                        I was thinking the same thing!

Damn, we're old! lol

Comment

Working...
                        X