Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for another round with the %^&% MPAA

coming soon to a lawyer near you
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Blame it on prices. Pay Julia Roberts $10 million instead of $20 million and you could price DVDs where people would just go ahead and buy them instead of troubling to download. Arrogant spoiled rich bastards.

Comment

i know its expensive to make movies... but some people are overpaid... and alot of the high budget movies are just not worth it....
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Arrest half of the world you bastards..... Can you afford the bill.

Too be honest I reckon it's mostly scare mongering bollocks.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Maybe they should look at the fact that it costs $13.50 to see a @#$%@ movie on a friday night in this city. That's just the ticket! For one person! That is what's wrong with the industry, and it's what's causing piracy.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
            Maybe they should look at the fact that it costs $13.50 to see a @#$%@ movie on a friday night in this city. That's just the ticket! For one person! That is what's wrong with the industry, and it's what's causing piracy.
            Elgin Mills theater, Younge/Elgin mills.. $6.42 any day of the week
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
              Elgin Mills theater, Younge/Elgin mills.. $6.42 any day of the week
              Elgin Mills is too much of a trek! I live at Yonge & Steeles and even I don't like going that far north of Toronto!
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

what is that.. 15 minutes drive?

Comment

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

And no one even wants to build theaters anymore because they are so unprofitable. Why? All that money goes to hollywood, so rich producers can snort a kilo of cocaine per week.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      And no one even wants to build theaters anymore because they are so unprofitable. Why? All that money goes to hollywood, so rich producers can snort a kilo of cocaine per week.
                      there are actually a fair bit of new theaters around here, build within the last maybe 5 years

Comment

Hmm.. well here we were without a decent theater for about 5 years before someone could be coaxed into building one. (city of 50,000, area 100,000.)

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                          $18 per ticket in the local here.

$10 on the first of the month, and $10 for women on womens night.

Sadly I just don't look good in high heals
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

tjalfe, is that Canadian dollars?

$7-8 USD is common here

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                              tjalfe, is that Canadian dollars?

$7-8 USD is common here
                              Yup.. the Elgin Mills theater is perhaps a generation old, with regards to fancy seats and the latest surround sound, but they are less than half price@$6.42CDN of everywhere else + they have all the new releases
                              It is in Richmond Hill, which is just north of Toronto.. an area of.. well several millions

Comment

Working...
                              X