Can’t link images from a Yahoo site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t link images from a Yahoo site.

Does anybody know why an image linked from my Yahoo site can’t be displayed here?
    It can be displayed in a new window but I want to show it in the actual window as an attached [IMG ] myURL [/IMG ] like this one:

Or this one from another free site

It doesn't work in this format neither:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Any ideas, please?

Fred
    Last edited by Fred H; 8 July 2004, 15:40.
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

The server is blocking "hot linking" to prevent people from using it as an online file storage system, and thus using space and bandwidth without seeing the ads. The only way around this is to use another webhost (maybe consider paying 3 EUR/month for it). If you want to show images from other people, you have to download them and upload them to some less restrictive webspace (i.e. your own) - though this could of course be seen as copyright infringement (nobody would sue you, of course, but technically it might be possible).

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks AZ. The pictures above are linked from two of my older free sites. Nothing to do with them, I never could develop them to a real home page.
      Yes a web host is a solution. The other one, not as good as the first, could be a server on my own PC.

And, talking about copywrite, the above photos are my own and represents my younger granddaughter a recent and a 2 years old photo taken with my Nikon Coolpix 995.

Regards,
      Fred
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X