ipod restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod restore

anyone know how to restore ipod music an install of windows so that it will work on a fresh install (xp). It is covered in DRM I gather
    hmmmmm

You have to export the license key from iTunes.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

cheers mr wombat - i will try it this evening
      hmmmmm

Comment

hmmm cant find anything on licence backup or export. There seems to be a folder saying backup but is that all i need? I dont fancy wiping the computer to find that it wont work..... hmmmm
        hmmmmm

Comment

This will help:

I never tried this myself.
          I know there are some programs around to remove the drm, but they only work on Macs, I don't know if there are PC versions of those programs.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

good news on this it was just tracks she had ripped from her cd collection so they werent encrypted - they played on my computer anyway and again on hers after a reinstall. Still couldnt find an export thing but it works now so thats the main thing. thanks
            hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
            X