• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 4.7 out

download page

And not and Ayoub in sight

And the link for the modded ver.
    Last edited by Paddy; 8 July 2004, 02:32.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
      And not and Ayoub in sight

And the link for the modded ver.
      lol
      I saw it out last night but didn't have the time to post it here then.

Comment

I wonder what the fixes are. Over to rage3d
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

from rage3d

New Features

This section provides information on new features found in this release of the CATALYST Display Drivers. This release introduces a new feature called Temporal Anti-Aliasing. OpenGL and Direct 3D applications will benefit from this feature when custom settings for Anti-Aliasing are used, and Temporal Anti-Aliasing is enabled. The feature provides higher Anti-Aliasing quality when an application frame rate is 60 frames per second or higher. This feature will be located within the ATI 3D tab and will be supported under both Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Performance Improvements

As with most CATALYST releases performance has increased in various situations. The following performance gains are noticed:
          Further improvements in our Vertex Shader handling bring performance improvements to applications that use stencil shadow volumes. For example, the Battle of Proxycon and Troll's Lair tests gain 10-30% on RADEON X800 PRO.
          Call of Duty framerates improve 5-10% when anti-aliasing is enabled on RADEON X800-series products.
          Aquamark performance is up slightly (2-3%) on RADEON X800-series products.
          Resolved CATALYST Driver Issues

This section provides information on CATALYST driver issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST. These include the following:

Enabling both the CRT and DVI connectors and setting the CRT to primary no longer results in display corruption being seen on the display connected to the DVI when running 3D Labs applications and disabling the display on the DVI connector
          The mouse pointer no longer flashes or becomes corrupted when setting the display mode to 1080i and launching Windows MCE
          DVD playback hesitation at the beginning of a movie is no longer noticed when using the ATI DVD Player under Windows XP with an ATI 8500 ALL-IN-WONDER installed
          The Windows XP operating system no longer fails to respond when a D3D application generates a floating-point exception error
          The BIOS Version information is now stated correctly in the Details found in the ATI Options tab. Further, the correct DAC and ASIC information is now displayed in the Adapter tab found in the advanced setting of the display properties
          The Overlay Theater Mode table has now been extended to support 1080i and 720p
          Launching EVE Online under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500, 9100, or 9200 series no longer results in a VPU recover error before the terms and conditions is displayed
          Resolved Game Issues

This section provides information on game issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST. These include the following:

Setting the D3D option to Optimal Quality and configuring the game Freedom Fighters to 1280x1024 no longer results in display corruption being seen on the test resolution window. This issue occurred under Windows XP with an ALL-IN-WONDER 9200 installed
          The water that surrounds Death Island in the game Halo: Combat evolved is now seen as blue in colour. This issues was known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500 installed
          Image rendering issues in the Truform room found in Serious Sam are no longer noticed when increasing the Truform level to maximum under the Advanced Rendering Option Flashing textures in the water are no longer noticed when running Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X800 XT installed Playing the game TOCA Race Driver under Windows XP no longer results in the shadows being missing under the car when the shadow quality is set to high
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

hmm mostly bug fixes.. which i prefer.. rather than more performance boost..that can come later..
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

As with most CATALYST releases performance has increased in various situations. The following performance gains are noticed: Further improvements in our Vertex Shader handling bring performance improvements to applications that use stencil shadow volumes. For example, the Battle of Proxycon and Troll's Lair tests gain 10-30% on RADEON X800 PRO.
              Doom3 here soonâ„¢???

Comment

Funny the last article I saw compairing all the cats to 4.6 showed no overall performance improvement and in some cases slow downs. The fastest cat is 3.7 I believe.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What are the most compatible/stable cats?

Comment

So far with the cats 4.7 my impressions aren't positive. Had afew stutters. I'll try the Omega version next perhaps.

Kooldino I haven't thought all that much of the 4.x series.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Wow. Guess that's why I still run 3.somethings.

Comment

I am finding the 4.7's to be very nice, I can actual get some decent performance with anti aliasing enabled on my 9600pro.

Defintely improvement on earlier versions,...nice to not have to see jaggies

But have had the odd game pause /lockup...not a hard lock just stops responging for a while..usualy between levels,.etc (maybe my OC'ing)

Comment

Sadly the LCD problem is worse than ever with these 4.7's. Everytime I boot or reboot I have switch off and then on my LCD before I can see the login box.

I also see the number of threads about LCD problems are growing over at rage3d.

Luckily for ATI Nvidea have simlilar problems as well.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X