Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird problem with vid out on a G400Marvel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem with vid out on a G400Marvel....

I thought I had this fixed, but sometimes things just looove going weird.

Problem in a nutshell:
    There is no video output from the BOB on a G400 TV marvel, when attempting to use VCR-remote application. Sound IS being passed through, however, and the test pattern is able to appear (using quickconnect), which means the cables are all connected.

This problem has persisted even after I migrated the card to an entirely new computer! This began about 1 month ago. I've tried LOTS of things...reinstalling, uninstalling, different orders of installing, bios upgrades to the matrox, later(and earlier) versions of directx.

Now, since physical cabling isn't the problem(as evidenced by the test signal), and the vcr-remote DOES have the 'output window to tvout on, which I checked in the registry to make sure)

My last attempt I'm going to try is to enable dualhead, treat the tv as a second monitor, and move the vcrremote window onto that, then set it to full screen. I don't think this is a great solution personally (even if it works), as the screen resolution is going to be a bit...odd)

The capture works fine, but its a bit annoying not to be able to output anything I want. btw, not even a matrox captured avi (mjpeg) is able to be played back. The TV is still that lovely shade of blue.

Any advice/hints/commiserations gratefully accepted. I'm at the stage of inquiring to the trade in value of the matrox, to help fund getting a dc10+, which is the pinnacle equivlent, without the bob......

Saladin

p.s. Anyone know of any utility/hack etc for resetting the b.o.b? Or of looking at the settings? (or an explanation as to why it can't actually SAVE settings....leading to the old 'click line out, then file to restore sound' thing in vcrremote'

p.p.s. Thanks for reading this far....
    Always remember: Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Working...
X