Advc-110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advc-110

It would seem that Canopus have updated the ADVC-100 to the ADVC-110.

As far as I can see from
    #description Every baby should be taught good things, focus on your child and reward them according to their needs with some parenting tips from Canopus Kids.

the only differences are:
    a) the black box has become a white box
    b) it can be powered via the IEEE-1394 cable from the 'puter
    c) costs an extra 20 bucks, even though there is a powe supply less
    d) an external power supply costs $39 extra
    e) no power switch

Is this valid?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Marketing! dang , however if it works as good as the 100 it is still worth the bucks( and they know it)
    smitty

Comment

There is also f) no video or audio input on the back.

As it is presented by Canopus, I see no reason to buy it in preference to the ADVC-100, except in France if you need to input a SECAM signal (but you can't output one).
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm just prattle, but... as I know, reliable operation (precise quantization) of A/D converters mainly depends on quality of power supply, namely it's ability to provide precise and stable voltage/current.

Now I'm wondering, is it such a good idea to feed an A/D converter (in ADVC) from FireWire port on some third party mainboard, instead from it's own dedicated (and hopefully trustful) power supply?

A know that this makes difference for professional studio equipment, but do you think that it would be possible to notice a difference (shifted colors and reduced color dinamic range) between ADVC-100 and ADVC-110 if someone has really lousy PSU or electrical implementation of FW (Audigy cards for exemplar)?
        Last edited by magician; 8 July 2004, 04:54.

Comment

Working...
        X