Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toooo mutcvh time

ok... my anxiety levels are way up....

we are entering the third year since our inicaial imigration aplication to canada... its been almost 7 month since we got the "letter of selction" from qubec... almost 5 month since we sent all our papers to the Canadian embacy to get the imigration visa... all fees paid sofar...

but still no contact from the embacy.... plus the online servis at www.cic.gc.ca has stoped showing my status whenever i log in to see my account... it simply sais it cant find any referance to my file....

should i fax the embacy?....

should i keep quiet and wait?

if i do fax the embacy... may guys sugest what to write since my emotions are quite high and feer that i may sound too agresive...

i feel lost... if they turn us down now i would have wasted 3 years of my life... my entier life has been on hold because of the canada thing....

one more thing... some people who aplied AFTER us have already gotten thier visa and left.....

this is whats worying me... i wasent expecting anything from them till aug. sep. but that others have already passed woried me... my only consolation is that we have not got a regection letter... but no confirmation either....

help
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Find a lawyer who knows about immigration and have him write the letter for you.
    It'll cost you, but at least it'll be well written and will probably get more attention.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

lawyer?!?! TX i am not selling my soul to the devil.. ....

seriously.... good idea... on problem... lawyers here are not that compitent.... one of them once mesured an aplicants feet in order to put down hight in feet... ... another group got rejected beacuse thier lawyer gave thier aplication a "face lift" ... most of the info was incorect...

besides.. i know how to write a letter on my own.. i can do... i am just not in a stabel emotional state at the moment....
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Dear Sir

Reference Immigration Application number 123456789

I notice that when I check your online service, my application status is no longer shown.

As it has been over 5 months since I sent you my papers, can you please confirm that everything is in order and clarify my current position?

Many Thanks

Sprial Dragon
        FT.

Comment

That's also a good option.
          Add to it photocopies of all relevant documents.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

thanx FT... nicly put.. to the point and very polite.... i would have writen about 2 pages in my curent state... and then blamed KVH for not geting accepted

(you do know i am only kiding now don't you? )

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
              (you do know i am only kiding now don't you? )
              About which bit?

Anyway, good luck - I'm sure you'll get it sorted. I bet the people who went before you were dealt with by a different person, or their last name was before yours in the alphabet or something equally silly.
              FT.

Comment

i guse so... you want ot know what my real problem is... now that i am getting closer to leaving the country i finaly found the right people that i would love to work with... and i know we can do something wonderfull here... but time is almost up...... its too late.. where the hell where they three years ago... ... yes i am having second thoughts but i am not backing down.. no sir... not me.... i've had it with lebanon... things come to wors.. if i do get to canada and i make it fine there..... i'll oppen up my own production house and send for these friends to come and live with me....

and someone from a distence calles out "SD get your damn head out of the clouds"
                Last edited by SpiralDragon; 6 July 2004, 21:57.

Comment

ok... looks like we got some mail from montreal?!?... my wife has gone to get it now...... keeping my fingurs crosed.... but i am pissing in my pants here

Comment

bahhh... nothing important... just a bunsh of brouchours...

Comment

Ah, now I know who to go to when I need a nicely worded letter for the government...

Comment

It'll be my next online venture...formfillingandletterwriting.com
                        FT.

Comment

good idea

Comment

Working...
                          X