Matrox 100MHz TVOUT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox 100MHz TVOUT ?

Are Matrox graphic cards can output 100Hz on TV by them TV-OUT cables ? (Gxxx or Parhelia) ??
    Last edited by Nicram; 3 July 2004, 15:04.
    A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

I don't know the answer, but you might do better if you search for 100Hz, not MHz

I think dZeus might be likely to know.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ahhh.. true :P
      dZeus! help me ! Please

Comment

To my knowledge PAL signals are still 25f/s (Hz), outputted by normal Television set at 50Hz (caused by the 220V/50Hz current), and again doubled by the special television sets to 100Hz to by less flickering for our eyes of the scanlines. So however the television set is outputting 100f/s, the video source is still 25f/s, so every frame is shown 4 times, so that you are not seeing the scanlines. I guess some more expensive television sets could perform some smart between-frame tricks to give you amore smoother experience....

So unless you are talking about game-output, video output will remain 25 frames per second. this has nothing to do with the 100Hz televisions, they could have made those televisions 150Hz, were it not that 100Hz is more than enough for most screens to not be annoyed by flickering, but the bigger the screens the more you will reach this annoyance.

Hope that is clear, or did I misinterpret the question?
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Ahhh Thank You I know everything now * understand it perfectly Thanx

Comment

Working...
          X