Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiderman 2 review....(spoiler or 2 inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiderman 2 review....(spoiler or 2 inside)

My rating for Spiderman 2:

****** (6 on a scale of 5)

Yes......Sami Rami has made the definitive superhero movie, PERIOD. The writing is great and the action is heart-stopping, ESPECIALLY the train fight between Spiderman and Doc Ock. Abso-****ing-lutely fantastic and I dare not do any spoilers as that in this movie it's too delicious not to know.

Where the writing really shows up is not in the action sequences but in the portions dealing with his inner conflict, romance with MJ and his relationships with his Aunt May and friend Harry. No, this doesn't "bog" the movie down one bit because with excellent writing it actually ends up driving the storyline.

This is what happens when you get someone like Alvin Sargent doing the screenplay. This guy's done screenplays for some of the best films of the last 30 years (winning 2 Oscars: "Julia" and "Ordinary People") as well as classic TV series like Ben Casey, Route 66 and many others;

Suffice it to say this movie has lots of suprises and there is a great setup for Spiderman 3 in 2007

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 July 2004, 19:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Can't wait. Have to go see it.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Ahhh Great work there Dr.
      Makes me want to see it more.

Comment

Excellent, Go Spidey

Comment

PS:

Watch out for little tidbits that throw back to previous Rami films. In one part there is a chain saw (remember it from Army of Darkness?) and let's not forget the Bruce Campbell cameo as the usher from hell

Then there is the elevator scene where Spidy says of the costume "sometimes it rides up a bit in the crotch".

My wife almost slid off her seat

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 July 2004, 19:43.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

saw it. kicked all kinds of ass.
            "both boredom and hysteria are the enemies of reason." -cliff geertz

Comment

I just saw it. It's a masterpiece.

Easily the best super hero movie ever made.

I was really worried that it would get campy the way the batman series did. So far, so good.

There's only one element of the plot that I didn't understand and could have been a mistake caused in editing. I'm not going to mention it yet because I don't want to spoil anything. Maybe in a month or two we can start a spoiler thread. Anybody who's seen it probably knows what I'm talking about. If you have an idea towards solving the problem or would like to know what I'm talking about, please PM me.

Otherwise, if you haven't seen it yet... Stop what you're doing and GO NOW!
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Hey, I just remembered that in the mid 90s I was at a comic book convention and a senior guy from Marvel was participating in a panel discussion and he told us that a Spidey movie was under development and they were in negotiations for Julia Roberts to play MJ and Tom Cruise to play Spider-Man.

They were having problems with Cruise because he wasn't willing to wear the suit and it was around that time that Todd McFarlane had popularized the image of Spidey at home with MJ wearing the suit without the cowl and Tom was saying it was a deal breaker. Supposedly they were promising Cruise to use a body double for the scenes in full costume but were pleading with him to let them do some scenes without the mask and he just wouldn’t budge. The Marvel guy didn’t give any explanation.

Obviously, the deal fell through.

Man, Cruise would have sucked as Spider-Man. I’m glad it didn’t happen.

Comment

So, they set up at least 3 villians in this sequel. Did you see them all?

Did you catch the mandatory Stan Lee cameo?

The bad science was kind of annoying, but I let it go.

Man, those tentacles look real.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Just saw it, and I agree it was absolutely wonderful. I'm getting the DVD the day it's released.

Didn't catch the gaffe you are referring to Schmosef.. or the 3 villians, Wombat. Let's start that spoiler thread NOW.

Comment

Villians;

1. Doc Ock, of course

2. Harry will take up the mantle of his father and become Green Goblin (#2). This is as per what happened in the comics.

3. Dr. Curt Connors is in S2 and thus could make an appearance as Lizard.

4. Eddie Brock was mentioned in S1 so he could show up as Venom. Venom would be my much preferred 2nd villian for S3.

Kletus Kasady/Carnage could show up later on once Venom is established.

Damn Rami

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 July 2004, 05:49.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Ok, well since you guy's are starting to spoil it...

*** Warning, mini spoiler alert ***

My problem is this. It's implied that Harry tells Spidey were Doc Ock is hiding but, unless I missed it, there's nothing to establish how Harry could have known.

Comment

Well the mega spoiler whould be:
                          Is the original Green Goblin REALLY dead?
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Harry the Hob-Goblin, not Green Goblin #2? And if they follow the comics, they'd have to go through the whole Doc Conners/Lizard thing first before they do Venom...
                            System Specs:
                            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

2. Harry will take up the mantle of his father and become Green Goblin (#2). This is as per what happened in the comics.

3. Dr. Curt Connors is in S2 and thus could make an appearance as Lizard.
                              The third one is <A HREF="http://webhome.idirect.com/~twessner/man-wolf/manwolf_bio.htm">Man-Wolf</A>.
                              Last edited by Wombat; 5 July 2004, 19:34.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X