Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

knowledge managment or: is there (free) software for ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knowledge managment or: is there (free) software for ...

collecting various material (short quotes, longer text, notes, links), ideally searchable and/or able to make useful links between the different entries?

I'm facing an assignment over the summer (some text about genetics, ethics, prenatal diagnostics & philosophy...).

I did something similar (definitions of life & transposable elements ) last semester and ended up scanning through books for certain lines or facts I clearly remembered but forgot to mark, looking for notes I took, etc etc... annoying. anyway, I don't want to end up like that this time.

so... my first thought was creating a small wiki, but I'm not sure if that will really do the job.

has anyone used a suitable program or is familiar with a good wiki-implementation?

thx a lot,
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

I'm leaning towards using a blog system (http://www.drupal.org) to do that type of stuff. A professor of mine said he's using a journal program to keep track of his projects after doing wiki for a while and is happy with the switch. I think the one he uses costs mula though. Currently using TuxNotes, but that is just like writing stuff on scrap paper w/o the paper.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

if your in windows, try this

Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
      X