PDA

View Full Version : IP Ban

skinrock
1st July 2004, 08:21
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. I can't seem to change my IP, I'm guessing my ISP gave me a static one, so I'm trying to figure out how to trick a server into thinking I have a different IP. This is a java based chat room that some low life mod (which I wouldn't call a mod when you do lame shit like banning the people who actually make the chat meaningful) ip banned me from. I tried using an annonymous proxy setup, but the script generates a communications error. So basically I need something to hide my ip under. Any ideas?

isochar
1st July 2004, 08:31
Google is your friend. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=ip+spoof+irc&btnG=Search)

skinrock
1st July 2004, 08:59
Ahh, nvm. I think I may have found an easier way, I came across some random forum post, some guy said if your ipconfig display shows "lease obtained and lease expires", then you have a dynamic IP, I just have to disconnected my ethernet cable and shut down a few hours before it expires, and reconnect a few hours after so that my IP gets sent to someone else, and I get a new one. I just missed the expiration, too, aw well, I get a new one on the 7th.

xortam
1st July 2004, 09:25
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ... try "ipconfig /?".

Rob(QG)
1st July 2004, 09:55
Another option is to change your network card - that should give you a new IP straight away.

UtwigMU
1st July 2004, 10:03
try ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew at cmd prompt.

Kurt
1st July 2004, 10:30
Originally posted by Rob(QG)
Another option is to change your network card - that should give you a new IP straight away.

The other benefit is that he'd also get another MAC address, never know whether the OP banned his MAC too (or even his ISP...).

skinrock
1st July 2004, 13:33
They better not have gone that far. ipconfig /renew and /release doesn't change anything.

Jon P. Inghram
1st July 2004, 13:42
I'm on Cox cable and have had the same IP for like a year... "dynamic IP" my a$$! :)

Wombat
1st July 2004, 14:22
Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
I'm on Cox cable and have had the same IP for like a year... "dynamic IP" my a$$! :) It's easier for them if they run a stable DHCP. Stable IPs are easier for them to work with, but truly static IPs are a nightmare if they ever have a major overhaul or expansion of their network on a larger scale.