WTF is this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is this ?

I got this at home last night and installed it by accident and uninstalled it after i saw it was toolbar in IE and most likely spyware or something.

Well I'm at work today and I get the same ****ing thing....has anyone else gotten this?

Attached Files
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I have not yet seen it.. a google search comes up with pretty much all hijack hits, so it sounds indeed like spyware.. nasty stuff
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

here's what search for "viewpoint media player spyware" came up.

Comment

AdAware is gonna be your friend
        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

this is why I use Opera.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

That's the reason I'm using Firefox, had a bad experience with spyware/malware/adware and after I reinstalled XP to get rid of the infestation I went straight for Firefox, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
              That's the reason I'm using Firefox, had a bad experience with spyware/malware/adware and after I reinstalled XP to get rid of the infestation I went straight for Firefox, works great.
              Yeah I switched over to Firefox myself both at home and work. Just need to get rid of the IE button on my quick launch bar so Idont click it

I was even suprised when Citrix worked with Firefox
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
              X