Homeland Security Warns Against Internet Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland Security Warns Against Internet Explorer

I don't think this a joke (even though IE is).

Link

been telling ppl that for years.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

What's IE? (hehe
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I can normally ignore adverts on most web pages...but that link has to be one of the worst I have ever seen
        FT.

Comment

DUH! Why the hell do you think I use Mozilla products for both e-mail and browsing, along with ZAP firewall (with access of MSIE and Outlook - all flavours - blocked), NAV and PestPatrol? I hope my computer is a virtual fortress , which it certainly wouldn't be if Bill had his way. Oh! and I have all html in e-mails disabled - plain text only in both directions!

Going back to my poll of a few months ago, the results were:
          E-mail client No. votes Percentage
          Outlook 14 20.00%
          Outlook Express 17 24.29%
          Netscape 2 2.86%
          Mozilla 10 14.29%
          Mozilla Thunderbird 7 10.00%
          Eudora 3 4.29%
          Pegasus 2 2.86%
          Opera 5 7.14%
          TheBat 1 1.43%
          Other clients 9 12.86%
          Total 70 100%

Which shows that some 44% of the forum members who responded still use the most dangerous e-mail clients and, presumably, browsers. They desrve what they get.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
            ..They desrve what they get.
            I guess like people that cant walk without falling deserves to break their legs??

;P

~~DukeP~~

Comment

My dad got grumpy when he broke his knee too

It's been nearly two years and he still has a lot of pain. He's working again now, but only about 1/3 of what he was before. It'll never be perfect.
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
                I guess like people that cant walk without falling deserves to break their legs??
                Absolutely!

Comment

Okie then we are on terms.

Personally I have tried to use firefox, but find it to be lacking in a great many areas (yes, mostly due to public accept and use of IE - but I cant use a browser that doesnt allow me to log into the features I use on the web).

As for the rest, I employ NA2004 and pray for deliverance.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                    My dad got grumpy when he broke his knee too
                    Actually, I don't think I am grumpy. I'm really in quite good spirits, other than the pain (as much crutch-induced as the leg itself). Helped because, last night, BBC Prime started a rerun of one of my favourite SitComs, Last of the Summer Wine.

However, as an IT author/ex-programmer, I truly believe that one William Gates Esq., and his company do have a lot to answer for, when they release half-baked software before even serious beta testing. That will make me grumpy at all times.

Comment

I sincerely hope that IE remains in the mainstream - because it will then continue to be the focus for hacking/virus efforts and I will still be left largely alone
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                      X