Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New words for the modern IT professional

Cubewhacked:

Definition - Similar to the geurilla warfare term, cubewhack is defined as being cornered and attacked by a client who leaps out of their cube at your approach so they can pester you with technical questions.

Usage - Sorry I'm late, I got cubewhacked while I was installing a monitor.

G4ed (always spelled with cap G, pronounced gEE-four-ed):

Definition - Making something good go bad through update, aquisition, or any type unwarranted change.

Usage - The new patch comply G4ed the game.

bitched:

Def - To recieve any form of unwarranted verbal abuse.

Usage - Bill: What was that about?
    Bob: I got bitched because some programmer botched the VB script.

Cyclops:

Def - An IT professional that knows nothing about computers beyond the scope of their profession.

Usage - Bill: I can't believe that programmer couldn't install his own software.
    Bob: He must be a cyclops.

Medusa:

Def - A physically unattractive female.

Usage - Bill: I got a ticket for Jane Doe.
    Bob: Watch out, she's a medusa.

Medusa's girlfriend:

Def - Based on the theory that every ugly woman has a hot girlfriend, Medusa's girlfriend is a very physically attractive female.

Usage - Bill: Jane Doe opened a trouble ticket.
    Bob: I hear she's Medusa's girlfriend.

MBAed (M-B-A-ed):

Def - The inability of upper management, most often than not people who have Master's of Business Administration degrees, to understand the IT world, and so completely screw up most IT decisions.

Usage - Bill: I got MBAed.
    Bob: How so?
    Bill: My request to upgrade my Pentium 2 computer got denied.

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 1 July 2004, 10:35.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Good stuff.

Comment

very nice!
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I'm gonna use "MBAed" a lot. Good stuff!

Bart
        Bart

Comment

Sweet!
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Good!
            ~~DukeP~~

Comment

Heh - I guess my mother is a cyclops

- Steve

Comment

... And possibly a medusa

-doh!!

- Steve

Comment

Pretty cool - except that I would have come up with something besides "Medusa's sister." Medusa had two sisters, who looked just like her, but are immortal.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Pretty cool - except that I would have come up with something besides "Medusa's sister." Medusa had two sisters, who looked just like her, but are immortal.
                    hehe

you also have a Blind Cyclops, ala Jorden
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Someone explain where "G4ed" came from? I can only think of the PowerPC.
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

G4 was Comcast's gaming TV channel. G4 had hardly any viewer base and was only on 2 or 3 cable/satellite systems because G4 ...well ... sucked. The shows look like they were thought up by 12-year olds and operated by starving college freshmen.

TechTV was an independent technology station owned (at least partly) by MS co-founder Paul Allen. It had a high quality product, excellent shows and and very professionally run. TechTV was available on every cable/satallite system in US and I would guess Canada.

Comcast was looking to buy something to infuse viewership of it's G4 network, Paul Allen was looking to sell. COmcast bought the very venerable TechTV and turned it into trash.

Thus ... it got G4ed.

Jammrock

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          Good point ... Medusa's sister changed to Medusa's girlfriend It's been a while since I've done Greek Mythology.

Jammrock

Comment

A new addition for today:

Professional Eye Contact:

Definition - The act of keeping your eyes off a cowrokers well endowed, and especially revealing that day, rack.

Usage - Bill: Did you see Heidi's outfit today?
                            Bob: It took all my willpower to maintain professional eye contact.

Comment

maybe i should list some of my bosses terms for a PC...

here is a tell tel sigen.... "why do you have to go around so many things to do one simple thing... cant you just duble clik on something and make it work instantly... your method is too complicated...." that was after i showed her how to properly use page setup.....
                              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                              X