FTP programme that schedule uploads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP programme that schedule uploads

I'm having problems uploading data from weather station to my website. This maybe due to the programs ftp program but maybe not.
    Therefore I would like to have an FTP programme that can schedule an upload from a directory to see if that solves the problem.

I've got Ipswitch ftp pro demo which says it does the job but doesn't seem to have any clear way of selecting a directory and sending it to the correct account.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The built in console ftp client in windows is quite reasonable for that kind of stuff, you just make a batch file and input file to connect upload and disconnect and the scehdule it....provided they use "normal" ftp settings on the ftp server

Comment

Cute FTP Pro from Globalscape has scheduling, never used it though.

Comment

AceFTP: http://freeware.aceftp.com/

I personally find it the best FTP program, and it is free! It offers options to keep connections alive, scheduling, ...
        (they also have a nice html editor )

You must register to download it and get a serial number. Minor downside: you then get a monthly or two-monthly mail with news and offers to buy it (but as it is from a known sender/fixed subject, it is easily filtered )

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

WS FTP used to come with a command line client which had a scripting language, I've used this and a normal Windows scheduling program to run an automatic transfer every night.
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Well I'm going to try a few other things first.

My University webspace and see if theres any upload problems.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Problem seems to be with my ISP's ftp servers. Works fine with my University servers.

I'll continue my dialogue with plusnet
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X