buying laser printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying laser printer

My HP 5L gives up. Also it always had problems with paper feeding.
    I'm thinking about one of the Brother's s/w laser printers.
    Are there any BAD experiences?

brought a brother HL5150D. so far so good. excellent printer, both speed, paper handeling, bnw pictures without grains or lines......am really happy
    Duplexing, good software support, 3 years warranty.

In germany i saw this printer for 230 euros.
    I highly recommend it

Comment

If I could get one I would love to have a HP laserjet 4, they are achient but they are reliable as ****.
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Had my HP LJ 3 repaired recently ... failed fuser probably due to not being on a power strip all these years. I've since burned through a ream of paper in no time and its working like a champ. Gotta love those old workhorses.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Actually that's a fairly common prob with the 5L's, but a very simple fix apparently. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I know ppl that have had them repaired for very little money.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
            Actually that's a fairly common prob with the 5L's, but a very simple fix apparently. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I know ppl that have had them repaired for very little money.
            Yep, you're right. Problem with the gravity feed design IIRC. HP was doing a free upgrade for a long time. Doubt it's still on offer.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I have a LJ4+ with a Jet Direct Card. Still going strong. BIg as a horse, but very reliable.
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Ever considered getting a color laser? I think the Samsung ones are pretty cheap, dun know if their quality is also cheap tho lol...

Comment

Careful. Even if color laser printers end up cheap, the toner is not.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                    brought a brother HL5150D. so far so good. excellent printer, both speed, paper handeling, bnw pictures without grains or lines......am really happy
                    Duplexing, good software support, 3 years warranty.

In germany i saw this printer for 230 euros.
                    I highly recommend it
                    I'm also very interested in this one. Can you still remember where you saw it with this price? Even online-shops sell it for 299 Euros

As for 5L update: I got the package free and gave it a try. It helped a bit for a short time. Then the printer drew no paper any more, not even through the manual single sheet feeder!
                    Last edited by chaoliang; 1 July 2004, 05:10.

Comment

Samsung generally makes some fantastic lasers that are worth a look.
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Every HP Laser printer I've encountered has left the paper malformed. A bit difficult to elaborate, but similar to what happens if you roll-up a piece of paper and hold it that way for a while and then let go. I'd say it is due to the heat + the feeding mechanism, and am unsure whether they've changed this.

Comment

Originally posted by isochar
                          Every HP Laser printer I've encountered has left the paper malformed. A bit difficult to elaborate, but similar to what happens if you roll-up a piece of paper and hold it that way for a while and then let go. I'd say it is due to the heat + the feeding mechanism, and am unsure whether they've changed this.
                          Not my HP LJ III ... flat as a board.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by chaoliang
                            I'm also very interested in this one. Can you still remember where you saw it with this price? Even online-shops sell it for 299 Euros

As for 5L update: I got the package free and gave it a try. It helped a bit for a short time. Then the printer drew no paper any more, not even through the manual single sheet feeder!
                            That's the normal price. 230 is below the dealer's cost. Maybe it was a special offer (refurbs?).

Comment

@chaoliang:

I remember that I typed "Brother HL 5150D Reviews" into google and it came up with all these sites that sold this printer. Sorry I can't remember exactly where abouts thou.

Comment

Working...
                              X