New Scenalyzer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scenalyzer.

I already bought it. Wonderful, no other words. Here it is: http://scenalyzer.com/sclive.html.

The features of scLive include:

- scLive has automatic scene splitting while capturing - each scene is written into its own .avi file: Push capture, come back an hour later and the whole tape is now a few hundred scenes on your harddrive.

- scenes are displayed with pictures and can be deleted while or after capturing

- scLive writes both, type 1 dv-avi files for newer editing programs or type 2 files compatible with older versions

- scLive has 'smart batchcapturing': an index of the dv-tape is created in fast-forward (takes aroung 5 mins for a 60 mins tape - depending on your camera). Then you see pictures of all scenes on the tape and after choosing which scenes you want they are automatically, quickly and frame-accurately captured. Normally scLive rewinds to the first scene and then plays or fast-forwards to all further scenes without any more rewinding or 'heavy' positioning.

- 'smart batchcapturing' can position the tape correctly even if the tape has 'interrupted timecodes'

- scLive exports stills directly from your camera or from your .avi files quickly by pressing 'F2' - no questions asked, formats are .jpg and .bmp in 3 possible resolutions with optional deinterlacing, cropping and compression factor. It was probably never so easy to get high-quality pictures from your videos to quickly send them by e-mail or keep them for further reference on a cd-rom.

- time-lapse capturing with variable factor: capture a whole 60 minutes tape into a e.g. 1 minute-file

- scLive's advanced buffering-structure makes it very 'dropped-frame'-resistant and nicely behaved to other programs running at the same time.

- scene-detection can be switched off and a whole tape can be captured into a single .avi file or multiple .avi files with 1GB, 2GB or 4GB each

- 16:9 support.

Some advanced features of scLive are very hard- and software-dependent. For example: some cameras and drivers don't provide correct timecode or device-mode informations. Some drivers don't allow device-control.

- scLive works with NTSC and PAL.

- scLive will probably NOT work with any of the Canopus Cards (Canopus uses a proprietary capture-driver and unfortunately does not want to provide information about how to access these cards)

- matrox and pinnacle cards may be supported soon, please check this website again!

This software is for DV cameras.

------------------
    Anatoly Neverov
    Minsk, Belarus
    Anatoly Neverov
    Minsk, Belarus

Does a similar software exist to use with Marvels & analog capture?

I.e. does this sw analyze the video to detect scene changes or are there codes on the DV tape that allow this?

Neko

Comment

Can't get it to work with my hardware:

Pyro pro dv card
      Canon Optura Pi
      ATI AIW 128 video

No go.

Any suggestions?
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

I haven't had much luck with Scenalyzer, dies every time, no matter what. More violently in Win98 than in Win2k, but the result is the same ;(

I also tested HandySaw. That program works, but many scene changes go undetected.

On the other hand, VideoWave 4 works very well. But it does not create separate files, just a "perfect" storyboard. One could get the clips out to use elsewhere, but only with a very labor intensive effort.

------------------
        Harald
        Harald

Comment

I haven't had much luck with Scenalyzer, dies every time, no matter what. More violently in Win98 than in Win2k, but the result is the same ;(

I also tested HandySaw. That program works, but many scene changes go undetected.

On the other hand, VideoWave 4 works very well. But it does not create separate files, just a "perfect" storyboard. One could get the clips out to use elsewhere, but only with a very labor intensive effort.

------------------
          Harald
          Harald

Comment

DV video has timecode. As far as I understand, the Scenalyzer uses it for cutting in scenes. But Miro dc10plus does the same, and very good, and works with analog video. I heard (didn't try) that Windows Movie Maker also cuts in scenes. VideoWave as well, but I don't know if it does it by timecode or no. Maybe somebody can advice anything else?

------------------
            Anatoly Neverov
            Minsk, Belarus
            Anatoly Neverov
            Minsk, Belarus

Comment

Working...
            X