X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLI P's from Alienware?

Just ripped this from H.

Alienware's SLI Parhelias?
    Alienware officially states they will support SLI-like technologies from ATI, NVIDIA, and even Matrox...and others. They went on to say:

ALIENWARE PROMISES FASTEST GRAPHICS SOLUTION

We assume this represents a new focus from the old attempt to turn out the neatest looking case that bulges like an overfilled grocery sack and has has doors that snap off. Kudos to them for seeing the light.

MIAMI, FL – June 28, 2004 – Alienware®, the leading manufacturer of high-performance desktop, notebook, and professional systems, affirmed today their intention to offer Alienware’s innovative Video Array Technology using off-the-shelf graphics solutions from manufacturers such as ATI, Nvidia, 3D Labs, Matrox, and others.

Just FYI, we did not make anything up that is quoted...only the other stuff. I hope they do not put their lawyers on us like they did last time they did not like what we had to say.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Well it's good that it will exist and all, but coming from Alienware it will be ridiculously expensive.

Comment

Wow, SLI Parhelia.... It would be almost as fast as an ATI 9800!
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

LMAO!
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

And whith a little tweak it could give us a 6 head display Or maybe 4 LCD DVI
          System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

so... if you wanted... could you have "hexa"head? i would love to play solitaire on 6 monitors
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
            X