Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Thunder in Surround

Hello,
    To get Desert Thunder going in Surround ....

In the Desert Thunder - System folder edit the DT.ini

Under the heading ... [WinDrv.WindowsClient]

Modify the .... FullscreenViewportX=" ... line to read 3072
    Modify the .... FullscreenViewportY=" ... line to read 768
    Save/exit the file

Once the game has started bring up the console (on my comp apostrophe ...' ...) and type ... fov 110 ... and press enter.

Some screens ... Enjoy ......

My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

I've played this one in Surround long time ago. Damn why didn't i think of posting the setting for this title
    2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Its just another Unreal engine game. If you go to this site you will find more titles that can be modifyed just as easy

2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Thanks ... I know about the Epic games Unreal pages ...
        Not all the games can be configured for Surround... or even work on the Parhelia.

For instance ...
        Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow doesn't really work at all on the Parhelia....
        XIII will work in surround but the weapons are too big and the small weapons trick doesn't work....
        Thief III ... the resolutions seem to be hard coded ... editing the ini doesn't work....

Lets hope that some of the "Announced" titles work ... I'm really hoping Republic Commando and Shadow Ops work....
        My Systems :
        Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

I know about Pandora Tomorrow and Thief 3. Deus Ex 2 is another one that can’t be configured. It's still a good page to check since Unreal Engine games all have the same ini files and easy to modify There is also this link on that page too. It’s the first generation Unreal Engine titles. They will all work for sure

Comment

By the way on that page there is online game America's Army. Plays well in Surround ... even online. Just no way to ajust the FOV The game is free ... There is a few links on their page where you can download it

Whether you’re interested in Army Reserve or Active Duty, there are many ways to serve in the Army. Explore the possible Army careers and contact an Army Recruiter.

Comment

Thanks RUS,
              I have a really crappy dial-up internet connection and so online games are a no-go for me ....
              Does it work in single player at all ?
              Have you tried typing ... fov 138 ... in the console ?... if it has a console ....
              My Systems :

Comment

The only single player in the game is training and its tied up to the net too for you training results. No Console that i have been able to find. Ya with Dual up 700mb game would be a problem. I got 5Mb Broadband here
                Last edited by RUS007; 27 June 2004, 12:13.

Comment

Working...
                X