Portugal over England, just

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portugal over England, just

Damn, I was hoping they'd pull it off, even when Rui Costa scored, I hoped they'd come back, they did but Portugal were not to be denied. Damn.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

The better team won. England played rather poorly after Rooney left. They were basically playing on one goal in the 2nd half. I saw it coming from a mile away.

Will Beckham ever shoot a penalty again? 3rd in a row.

Thriller.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Rarr. Exciting game tho, hope fans behave themselves.

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to respond just got back from the pub.

That is the worse performance ever by an England team.

Portugal overall deserved to win despite there twelve man which they didn't need.

We won the game via aCampell goal. Undeservived but we won the goal but the homer ref found a reason to disallow it.

The ref should never be allowed to ref again. As soon as he walked out I said we don't want him as preasure would get to him.

Portugal won't win the championship France will cos you won't get the refs perferance. Today you deserved to win pity you took the waster Figo off we wanted him to stay on.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by thop
          The better team won. England played rather poorly after Rooney left. They were basically playing on one goal in the 2nd half. I saw it coming from a mile away.

Will Beckham ever shoot a penalty again? 3rd in a row.

Thriller.
          Better team won but we did win bar referee error. Campbell again as well. I'm shocked by the way we played. Beckham should never play again for England neither should Lampard unless he shows improvements as an overaged player with the U21 and James who'd struggle into a decent schoool side.

Hers my marks

Bar the back four who I thought were outstanding and Owen what a shambles.

The ref was a joke our performance was a joke basic school boy errors. Inability to hold onto a ball Inability to pass a ball.
          Basic failure to play a ball into space.

Yet we won the game but the ref was so biased it needs an investigation.

First time I call our England’s Manager Choices into question.

Marks out of ten

Sheff utd impression 9/10 Bang on except we scored first hence the lost mark.

James 3/10 shouldn’t have been on the pitch. Saved a few but not international class
          Cole 9/10 Brilliant shame about the rest
          Campbell 9/10 as above hope they paying his hotel bill.
          Neville 9/10 didn’t score but best game yet for England
          Terry 9/10 one mistake but redeemed it by scoring.
          Scholes 4/10 England managers fault
          Gerrard 7/10 Played well let down by others
          Lampard 1/10 Useless playing him
          Beckham 1/10 Worst ever performance for England. Overall attitude should never play for England again
          Owen 7/10 played well but two tossers in midfield didn’t help him.
          Rooney 4/10 Coming into the game got stamped on which the ref gave to the homeside end of his game.

Vassell 4/10 No support.
          Hargreaves 4/10 No clear instructions
          Neville 3/10 sadly despite being ugly didn’t do us any favours.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
            Portugal won't win the championship France will
            I think it's pretty safe to say they won't

And the ref was right that was no goal. Maybe in the Premier League but not in the rest of the world.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
              I think it's pretty safe to say they won't

And the ref was right that was no goal. Maybe in the Premier League but not in the rest of the world.

It was a Goal period even the linemans gave it the Ref bottled it.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It was a goal, any other side but Portugal and it would have stood. There was no obstruction to the goalie.. Sorry thop I can't say it wasn't a goal. Pit I see what you mean by goal line flapping. Nothing he could have done about Rui Costa's strike, but his "reaction" to the header was pathetic, I wager that the Bolton reserve goalie would probably have saved it, and he is as tall as James. Scholes was seemingly playing at quarter power, hence Gerrard was knackered. I have been telling my brothers from the start, Czech republic will win the whole thing. Lampard is always going to be a defensive liability, that said he did score. England really depend too much on Rooney, that much is obvious. Becks was shite.
                Last edited by DentyCracker; 26 June 2004, 07:01.
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I've not seen it again, but supposedly there was a foul before the collision with the goalkeeper.

Also, I don't think the collision with the 'keeper was in fact a foul, but I cannot remember the last time I saw a 'keeper and attacker collide that didn't end in a foul against the attacker.

Further..., Sol Campbell climbed on John Terry, and that is a foul I'm afraid...
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

You're allowed to climb on your own player.

I like the non foul commited by Roonie that resulted with him getting a broken foot. The only contact between the defender and Roonie was when the defender accidently stood on Roonies foot. How the Ref saw a foul there and then gave it too Portugal god only knows.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X