win98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win98

Easy one for you guys. Renovating 'one of those' computers .. (you know old and crap) and wondered if anyone knew where I can get legit copies of win 98 (SE prefereably). I have seen them on ebay for about £25 and wasnt sure if that is about right.

hmmmmm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...793189-7310832

Comment

You still have to pay for win98se?

Comment

ho hum ebay it is then
        hmmmmm

Comment

Yeah. MS's official price is still the $90 or whatever. You're options are computer trade shows, or eBay.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

£64-63 for oem copy at scan

Comment

When are they going to make anything freeware? ...

Comment

wombat - trade show -great idea... we have one here every other week. cool happy bunny now

on wether they are going to make it free - i think hell freezing over type comments work there
                hmmmmm

Comment

very rare are the softwares that become a free. (yoda speak, eh?? )

was someone about to say "Abandonware"?
                  - practically there's no such thing as abandonware. if you do something, you will own the copyrights as long as you live and beyond that. registered trademarks are different thing, but there the validy time is also several decades.
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1
                    very rare are the softwares that become a free.
                    Except for apps like Blender, or games like Quake, Doom, Quake II....
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Freeware is abandonware with you still living and owning all the copyrights.

But I don't think MS knows the meaning of it...for them, the word starts at "w".

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                        Except for apps like Blender, or games like Quake, Doom, Quake II....
                        Significant programs to be sure, but just a drop in the ocean.
                        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
                        X