Where to buy a GameBoy Advance SP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a GameBoy Advance SP?

It looks like I'm gonna have to buy one in the next couple of weeks (as a reward for my eldest - that's my excuse anyway )

Best price I can find in the UK is ~£85.

Can anyone please suggest anywhere cheaper? I don't mind buying internationally (assuming there are no 'region' issues). Buying from the USA could be good with the current 1.75 $/£ ratio if they will ship internationally.

TIA.
    FT.

I would give you mine except that I have almost finished packing and it hasn't turned up.

The house will be empty by Friday, so if you can wait until then, i'll keep you posted.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

you are too kind

good luck with the move.

I found a couple of new ones on ebay in the mid-£70s, and some interesting devices for writing to CF cards too
      FT.

Comment

FT,

check http://www.gbatemp.net for more infos. There are many 'interesting devices' with their pros and cons out there and many interesting addon's to the cards. A good start is the "utilities and tools" link on the left side.

Rakido
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

FT.

Comment

I have an EZ Flash Advance 256Mb. I really like it.

I suggest the forums and hardware reviews at gbadev.org for help in deciding which memory cart to use and what tools to use it with. There's also a retailer feedback section to help you decide where to buy your flash cart.
            Last edited by schmosef; 23 June 2004, 06:53.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Thanks.

How many games can you get at once on your 256Mb card? Is it very easy to choose between them? (I'm thinking of my 6 year old here...). And why are they always talking about Mb rather than MB?

Cheers

T.
              FT.

Comment

buy a nice Limited Edition NES version in the USA, cheaper even including shipping (check EBAY)

Depending on which games, you can get 4 to 8 games on a 256Mb card.
                Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                  Thanks.

How many games can you get at once on your 256Mb card? Is it very easy to choose between them? (I'm thinking of my 6 year old here...). And why are they always talking about Mb rather than MB?
                  It's extrem easy to choose between them, you see the names of the games on the card, then you select it with up/down and press the a-button.

The rom-size of the cards/programs are in Mbit, so your 256 Mbit card has room for 32 MByte.

How many games fit on the card depends on their size. The two current games (Mario and Crash Bandicoot) have 16 Mbyte, so you could theoretically fit 2 games on it.
                  Theoretically because you need a bootloader if you have more than one program on it and as the bootloader need space too, you have to crop one of the games (that's easy with the right tool)

Other games have only 8 or 4 Mbyte, so you can put one 16mbyte and two 8mbyte programs on it or four 8mbyte programs or sixteen 4mbyte programs and so on.

Rakido
                  If you
                  "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                  X