Premiere 6 mpg encode; 1:04:40 only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere 6 mpg encode; 1:04:40 only

I hope someone sees this, and can help!!!
    Twice I've encoded a 6.01 project to MPEG2 with LSX.
    First time it was a 2 hr 47 min DV project. The encode had to be done @ 3500 and wasn't that hot, plus it stopped encoding at a spot in the project around 2:30 min, with the final MPG being 1:04:40 in length.
    So, I split the project into 2 DVDs. The first was fine. The project
    (wedding) was encoded into three separate files: Love Story, Rehearsal, Then all the post ceremony stuff, for the first DVD
    For the second, I re-encoded the Prelude/Ceremony (a 1 hr12 min event), and it stopped short, this time at the 1:04:40 mark in the video. The resultant DVD was :54 min in length. Is there something magic about 1:04:40? It took both encodes almost 12 hrs each, so I hate do go through this again and have it cut off at 1:04:40. I have a client anxiously awaiting their wedding DVD.
    I could encode the Prelude and the Ceremony separately, but they flow right into each other and wouldn't be very artistic.
    I used the videohelp calculator and the resulting MPEG2 was 4.0 Gigs, but, alas, 8 minitues short of the full length.
    The file:
    1:12 in length (original) resultant mpeg :54
    Compressed with LSX MPEG-2
    bit rate: 5079 kbps
    Audio 192 kbps (mpeg Audio Layer 2
    I would greatly appreciate any help
    Steve

I've since learned that LSX is an old compression, and was buggy. I've switched to the Matrox Export only, and now giving it a try.

Comment

Working...
    X