• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer is here!

35°C and sunny forecast for the first day of summer

May it last for the rest of the year
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>....... PLEASE NOOOOOOOOO...... I hate the sun... havent beem to the beach in well over 5 years and i hate the hot humid weather......especialy in this area...... i am off to spend the summer in antarctica....
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

When it's hot here, the RH is usually in the 25% region, so very bearable (except close to the sea, of course, but I'm well inland. Leave the beaches for the redbacked tourists.

Comment

Summer has gone here 14.7C max Yesterday. Light slow moving showers.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

its prety unbarable here already... and this is just the beginiing..... .... august will be like hell.... and i am shooting a series of short films then... thankfully i will be doing so at high altitudes in a semi-forest... and if all goes well .. in a cave.. where it is cooler
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

If summers there - set it free!

We have had NO summer up here yet. Weather shifting from sun, to rain, to storm and back within the hour.

Cant actually wear anything - nothing fits for more than 20 minutes.

And its cold. 13 degrees.
            Sigh.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP

Cant actually wear anything
              The mind boggles at the horror

Comment

Well..
                There IS a kind of "surplus" of scant claid wet girls around here.
                I consider that to be one of the fringe benefits of being the youngest assistent here at the department...

People still dress for summer. They just get cold and wet.

Since writing my last entry above, it has rained twice - with sun in between.

Im sitting in a rather cold lab, doing som spectronometric measurements. But theres windows.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

pretty much the same here -rain-sun-cloud-rain-cloud-rain-etc for the last month or so, and hovering around the 20-24C range.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Wait, DukeP... Young women dressed lightly for the summer get cold and wet - and you complain?

<span style="color:#CCCCCC;">nipples...</span>

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

DukeP: Hmm, this does change my ideas of Denmark...

Would this be the wrong place to advertise the digital imaging forum ?
                      (just kidding!)

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

AZ and VJ:

Yess, as I said, theres advantages.

The weather really is odd, this summer (and I use the term in its vaguest meaning).

The unfortunate weathermen thinks changes might come around next week. Might.
                        Until that, we seem to be stuck with this cold and wet weather (and the wet and clinging t-shirts as well).

~~DukeP~~

Comment

6am is the coolest time here, 84f (28.9c) Relative humidity 82%

Gulf of Mexico/Sarasota Bay water temp 89f (31.7c) (I'm 2.5 miles inland of the bay), lake out back 90f (32.2c)

temps have been in the 80's (>26.7c) for 3.5 months now... and still rising. Don't expect it to end til November
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                            6am is the coolest time here, 84f (28.9c) Relative humidity 82%
                            Got to keep the alligators happy. I remember a Warden in a Florida State Park told me once that they had two kinds of mosquito there: those that were so small that they flew between the meshes of the window and door screens, and those that were so big they broke through the wire of the screens. This was after I'd just about been eaten to death by them. Forget the name of the place. I visited it while motoring from Orlando to Naples, roughly 1/2 way, a few miles west of the highway that runs down the middle of the peninsula. There was a fantastic drainage canal digger preserved as a historic monument in the place.

Also eaten alive at the Audubon bird place a few tens of km NE of Naples, even though I was liberally bedaubed with repellent and was told that there were no mossies there, because of all the little fish in the swamps. Wot a lie My arms came out in masses of red weals for 2 or 3 days afterwards.

Comment

The little ones are called noseeum's... No See'ms are not really mosquitos but they sure do bite. Skeeterz here are about normal sized, but pack a whollup.... think we have like at least a dozen different varieties (like we have ants).

As far as prevention of bites go I've got one word for ya... DEET (>25%)

Had some bite me back in '02 and within a a minute my leg was burning from about 6 bites.. so bad you could feel it racing up... didn't feel to hot later, but was ok the next day

Would that be Highlands Hammock or Lake June Scrub just off Hwy 27?
                              Last edited by Greebe; 22 June 2004, 07:46.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X