Michael Moore Hates America...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moore Hates America...

This may belong in the Temp forum (mods: if it does, feel free to move it), however I want to believe that the kind people of MURC can keep it civil long enough to keep this topic out of there.

With all the past discussion about Michael Moore files, i felt the sudden urge to post a link to this movie that is being worked on. It is a look into documentaries in general, as well as a (semi) serious attempt to examine Michael Moore's background and political motives.

looks rather amusing, acctually. And it has Penn in it. bonus.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

I don't know. I am going to check out Farenheit 911 for sure.
    What I Did For Love
    Cerritos College Cal Poly Pomona San Luis Obispo Kwak KCCC

Comment

Putting a Michael "I'm a Bloated Arrogant Blob" Moore thread in the Lounge is dangerous indeed. I view Moore as a simple yellow, shock journalist. His "documentaries" hold about as much truth as those magazines with Vampire Boy and Bigfoot's Baby on the cover.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
        His "documentaries" hold about as much truth as those magazines with Vampire Boy and Bigfoot's Baby on the cover.

Jammrock
        You mean that... HOW COULD YOU !!!???
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Moore is an insufferable slob.
          His only goal (besides getting rich off his crapumentaries) is to bash the US government and create unrest in his own country.

I hope most people do as I am, and NOT waste their money on his drivel.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thats funny.
            I just saw bowling for columbine.

Michael Moore doesnt strike me as a person that hates the USA.
            Rather the contrary.

Michael Moore strikes me as a person that really cares for the wellbeing of the people of the USA. Cares and worries.

No matter how his data is presented, some facts still stands - and those are indeed shocking.

To point out the errors of your friend is to show the strenght of your friendship.

To ridicule Michael Moore (which is, indeed rather easy - he's the archtypical nerd) doesnt strike me as being a sign of great intelligence. More a sign of precisly the type of schoolyard bully, that Michael Moore is warning against.

Less brawn and more thoughts. That can be said about much and many, these days.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

I thought "Stupid White Men" was hilarious
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
                Thats funny.
                I just saw bowling for columbine.

Michael Moore doesn't strike me as a person that hates the USA.
                Rather the contrary.

Michael Moore strikes me as a person that really cares for the wellbeing of the people of the USA. Cares and worries.

No matter how his data is presented, some facts still stands - and those are indeed shocking.

To point out the errors of your friend is to show the strength of your friendship.

To ridicule Michael Moore (which is, indeed rather easy - he's the arch typical nerd) doesn't strike me as being a sign of great intelligence. More a sign of precisely the type of schoolyard bully, that Michael Moore is warning against.

Less brawn and more thoughts. That can be said about much and many, these days.

~~DukeP~~
                The problem is that he twists shit around to suite his needs as entertainment.

If you want to entertain thats fine, but if you want to make a documentry make a documentry, not some quasi documentry with half truths just for entertment value.

I haven't seen Bowling for columbine myself yet, but I've read that the Idiot is running around one of the banks that he got a gun at with his finger on the trigger
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I agree with DukeP . There are a lot of people like Micheal Moore out there that explain what he says but more with more detail, and yes they do have proof to back their claims. The difference is that Micheal Moore says it so that EVERYBODY can understand what he has to say.

Micheal talks about a system based on fear, that couldn't be more true.
                  Last edited by ZokesPro; 21 June 2004, 11:13.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

And I suppose that makes it intentionally ignore statements people have said to give the illusion that they support your views? And that it makes it right to interview people under false pretenses? The list of things he has done while making his "documentaries" that are against both normal and journalistic ethics is staggering...

and i still cannot wrap my head around his statements saying that Bowling for Columbine is not about gun control....
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I have to say it. Michael Moore doesn't give a [insert favorite explative here] about the US. Maybe he did in the beginning when he did his documentary about the Flint, Michigan car plant closing, but times have changed.

All he does now is try to outdo his last "mocumentary" by pissing off as many conservatives as humanly possible. He doesn't give a [insert explative] about the little man anymore, or about truth, or about making the country better. He just wants to make more and more shocking documentaries and play the part of the tragic artist being persicuted by the evil rich conservatives.

Blah I say.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Agree. Its people like him that support the stereotype of the elitist holywood type... and damn I hate those.

Comment

I don't know how true his facts are and I don't like his style, but bowling for columbine was not about gun control. If you had seen it, you would agree.

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Im quite sure you have to watch the films to judge them.

I was supprised, the movie wasnt what I expected, based on the reviews i had read.

Michael Moore might be an advocate of gun control, but this is not what the picture says.
                            The picture says that guns per see isnt dangerous.

One of its major points, is that the US have more gun related killings than more or less the sum of the rest of the west (EU + Canada + Japan).

But: Canada have more guns per family than USA (and I think the same goes for Sweden).

Ergo: Guns doesnt kill people, people kills people.

(I am NO fan of weapon proliferation - but both my parents are members of a sportshooting club and shoots every monday - and I have a military rifle (H&K G3) hidden in my appartment - all very legal).

Actually Cars are MUCh more dangerous than Guns. I dont see anyone trying to ban cars on the ground that they are dangerous as weapons.

But I digress.

What You see in the movie is real. Theres no SGI inside it.
                            Perhaps some of the people gets tricked into saying things that they wouldnt like other people to hear. Some would call this a kind of paparazzi journalism. But people still read The Sun.
                            And Michael Moores pictures ARENT edited in photoshop.

~~Dukep~~

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                              I thought "Stupid White Men" was hilarious
                              While I only read a few passages, that book pissed me the F**k off.

Comment

Working...
                              X