Weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird

We've got a wireless doorbell that suddenly stopped working last night.

Checked the batteries on the reciever and it wasn't that. The lights on the door switch lit up when you pressed it so that was working. Resigning myself to having too replace the whole lot I took the switch of the door and made a note of the settings for the transmission frequency.

I then checked the reciever and they were different.

My Mothers an OAP and anything with a battery in is a no go for her. So she wouldn't have changed it.

I set the reciever back to where it was and it worked again. So who changed it? No ones been in the house since it last worked. So the only thing I can think of someone unfastened the outside one and changed it. For what purpose I don't know.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Someone probably did it as a prank
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Perhaps the transmitter was set to the same frequency as one of your neighbours.... I can imagine that could get quite tiresome!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        Perhaps the transmitter was set to the same frequency as one of your neighbours.... I can imagine that could get quite tiresome!
        This would probabely also be tiresome the other way around...

Any chance that the frequency was switched due to vibration (heavy traffic, construction nearby, roadworks, ...) ?

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X