The Dr. is back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dr. is back....

Yes, I have been absent for some considerable time. I guess some explanation is in order.

Around last New Years I suffered a sudden onset of diabetes which was rather tough to get under control. This along with some issues in our extended family that were time consuming to manage caused much of the problem.

As noted by others we had major ISP issues which caused us to drop our cable/broadband line until high speed DSL was available in our area.

As for our phone not working; blame the cable/phone provider for that one too. They had "implemented" voicemail without our consent and did it quite badly. Our calls would only ring 4 times then go to a pre-recorded message that wouldn't allow actual voicemail to be recorded.

As a result we missed a *lot* of calls before having our number transferred to another carrier (SBC, who is also now our DSL provider).

Sometimes the cable/phone service would either be very noisy or just plain drop out all-together, leaving our only means of communication our cell phones and FRS radios :=P

This didn't make using a dialup connection very sucessful either as often I'd just connect only to have it drop after a minute or so :-P

What with the communication & family issues plus being a househusband with a 6 year old in Kindergarten left me little time for doing video or online activities.

Things are now settled a bit but needless to say I have a lot of catching up to do, so....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 June 2004, 00:59.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

good to have you back
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Good to be back now that I have enough energy to do more than veg on the couch waiting for the kid & wife to get home from their respective schools

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

w00t! Welcome back Terry!

Don't do that again!
        You're are too valueable commodity
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Welcome back Doc!
          We've been worried
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yep.. glad to see you still alive and kicking.. there was some morbid speculation there for awhile.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Thank god. WB Dr.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Welcome home Doc!

J1NG

Comment

Welcome back Doc.
                    This board without you was empty
                    I am happy everything is ok now.

Comment

Welcome Back!
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Glad to see you're safe.
                        That DM is a bitch
                        Did you have a flu like illness just before New Year Doc
                        Mine is acting up after two years of control (I've put on weight since returning home from the UK)
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I did indeed have a major case of the stomach flu just before Christmas. Hmmmm.....

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

There is some thought being given to the fact that DM can have a viral component in its onset. I have a family history of DM so I knew I could get it. I was also about 70 lbs overweight at the time but I had a very bad case of the flu just before I started becoming polyuric and polydipsic. I know of a few more cases like that but haven't done too much research into it.
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Welcome back Dr. Mordrid

Glad you're back and alright and that everything is going great.

Don't let it happen again eh!!
                              Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                              X