Alienware's dual 6800 scores.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alienware's dual 6800 scores.

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

3DMark03:
    (dual) 1600x1200 with 8xAA* & 8xAF: 3,105
    (single) 1600x1200 with 8xAA* & 8xAF: 1,708

(dual) 1600x1200 with 8xAF: 8,538
    (single) 1600x1200 with 8xAF: 5,992

* I don't know if nVidia has enabled 4xMS/2xSS yet and they don't specify which version, so I guess you're supposed to assume it's 4xSS/2xMS.

It's neat and sure is fast, but I'm not sure it's worth $5000+. I would also think that it' going to show less of an increase as you lower in resolution or eye candy.

oh boy I thought for a moment you meant Motorola 6800s (Showing my age).
    Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

You mean 68000

Comment

lol 68000 running 3dmark03

OK, 3dmark03 is not very CPU dependent, but ya, 68000

Comment

5000$ for a better 3dmark score is a big waste of money, are there already any normal gamebenchmark results released?
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I'd sooner use water cooling. It would be much more economical. Could the two cards run separately as well? Mmmm, dual PCI-E parhelia type cards.

Comment

The ones questioning the 6800 are the young ones here.....68000 came quite a bit later
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                The ones questioning the 6800 are the young ones here.....68000 came quite a bit later
                Hey, I am not old (I am younger than u! ha!)

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                  OMG you're right! My Vectrex had a 6809!

I was born just before the 6800, can't say I remember much about that...

Comment

Hehe, I remember that Vectrex, that was one hell of a machine. Could not afford it, but there was this shop where you could play it for 1 Dutch guilder at the time.

I was actually discussing this machine a few months back with a friend of mine with whom I used to play on it (we did anything for a guilder and then ran off to the shop) but could not remember then name anymore.....
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                    X