1. open Ulead32.ini
    2. copy following to the file
    [HardwareAcc]
    NotSaveOpenDML=1
    AviPlayEngineMCI=1

[Playback]
    RenderAudio=1
    3. save file and reboot

Then check does the problem persists or not.

Best regards,
    -JoJo Su,

Is there any documentation on these ulead32.ini file settings?

I'm trying to make preview and timeline scrubing use the same AVI playback mode as the Source window does, so timeline scrubbing and preview will display on my G450 DVDmax TV output.

--wally.

Comment

Jerry,

The same changes are given by Ulead to fix problems with the Matrox cutlist driver not being OpenDML compatable. I'm assuming your Raptor also has such a driver and it is not OpenDML compatable.

Cool3D saves OpenDML compatable files by default, which the Canops cutlist driver may not be able to handle.

The fix for this I use on Marvel systems is not the one Ulead recommends for both Matrox and Canopus cards. Instead of disabling OpenDML support I just disable the cutlist driver. This forces MSPro6 to use its internal cutlist driver which IS OpenDML compatable. It's also at least as fast as Matrox's. As a point of reference the Matrox cutlist driver entry looks like this;

[PLAYBACK]
      PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

If neiter this or the Ulead fix works then it IS time for a system rebuild.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 31 January 2001).]

Comment

For me, the Ulead fix worked beautifully.

I'm a happy man!!

Comment

Version 3.0 Cool 3D Lock-Ups

At work, where I have no power over my workstation (it's completely controlled by a network administrator who isn't a desktop video person), I am experiencing severe system lockups whenever I use Canopus Raptor Video software to playback DV .avis produced by version 3.0 of Cool 3D.

At home, where I have control over my own computer - no such lock-ups are happening.

I am convinced the workstation at work has become "crippled"... functioning in most respects except this one.

Problem is: I believe it needs a complete c: drive reformat and clean installation of Windows.

The network administrator refuses.

The lockups continue.

At home: ATI Xpert 98 on Win 98SE, Pentium MMX.

At work: Diamond Viper 550 with the latest Riva TNT driver on Win 98, Pentium III 500.

Any ideas?

Comment

Just one other thing you might want to watch for. On the Ulead site they have the monthly freebies. Included in these are updates to the BLAST effects.

The ones for the last 4-5 months can cause C3D3 to crash or lock up when rendering their previews. Once C3D3 has been restarted several times and the previews allowed to finish rendering all seems well enough, but if you mix one of these BLAST effects with a BEVEL effect rendering times can be excessive.

Reported to Ulead.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X