Speakeasy Inc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakeasy Inc

Just found out that my site hosts, Netfire.com have just been purchased by SpeakEasy Inc.

Should I be concerned?

Speakeasy has a decent rep, though I only know them from their DSL providing. They're pretty geek friendly, and donate bandwidth to projects, advertise on slashdot, all that.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

They are one of the few companies that will give you DSL even if you are more than 15k ft from the CO. Of course, it will cost you, but if it is your only choice besides 56k, then it is worth it.

My brother is 17k+ ft from the CO and they give him 142k up/down for $99/month! ouch!
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm in the UK and have ADSL courtesy of Nildram.

They are taking over the hosting of my Dedicated Server, seems they wan't to expand their business as their site only shows small hosting plans.

I like the service I got from Netfire and really don't want to have to look for a new host but am getting prepared just in case I have to.

Comment

Americans on Arstechnica are mostly on Speakeasy and like it.

Comment

Working...
          X