Wow that's fast! Thanks for the tip!

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

WHAHAHAHAHA

Good good good!
      Download download download!
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

is it any faster or any less buggy than the previous one?
        cheers
        will
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I don't understand why Matrox has become so quiet as to what changes/improvements to expect in each driver release.

Is it that their inter-company communication is poor? Or mabye it's because there are so many bugs in their core driver that they don't want to admit which flaws they are addressing?

Truly disappointing.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

release note should be availible early next week.
            According to Haig that is.....
            ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

One of the features should will be a support for preview output in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

Comment

Can we still expect some performance increase from the new drivers???

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                  I don't understand why Matrox has become so quiet as to what changes/improvements to expect in each driver release.

Is it that their inter-company communication is poor? Or mabye it's because there are so many bugs in their core driver that they don't want to admit which flaws they are addressing?

Truly disappointing.
                  Or maybe they're just not doing much? It never seems like it.

Comment

As I believe Haig said, it is only compiled against the DirectX 8 DDK (for some unbelievable reason).

personally, the only place I have noticed a difference between driver releases is in OpenGL. they have (suprisingly) made it better since the initial releases. Other than that...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                      As I believe Haig said, it is only compiled against the DirectX 8 DDK (for some unbelievable reason).
                      Perhaps as unbelievable as this might sound they have terminated contracts and those who can quit.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Did somebody GLView it? Is it still xx% away from being OpenGL 1.6 compliant?

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

I believe that in order to be 1.5 compliant, it has to be able to produce floating point output off of the fragment shaders. not too positive about that though - that was just my interpretation of the OpenGL spec. hell, i'm pretty sure the vertex shader extension (required for 1.4) also requires floating point shader units.

as far as % scores, it is only 73% compliant to 1.4, and 16% compliant to 1.5

it is missing for 1.4:
                          GL_EXT_generate_mipmap
                          GL_ARB_imaging
                          GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
                          GL_ARB_vertex_program

it is missing for 1.5:
                          GL_ARB_occlusion_query
                          GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
                          GL_ARB_fragment_program
                          GL_ARB_point_sprite
                          GL_EXT_shadow_funcs

personally, i would consider it a minor miracle if they were able to do OpenGL 1.4 with it, let alone 1.5. that is assuming neither one required the ability to do floating point math on the GPU.
                          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Uhh sorry my mistake, Master DGhost. I meant OpenGL 1.4/1.5. AFAIK these numbers are the same for the 1.5 and 1.6 drivers.

Cheers, Hannes

PS: I'm a bit wondering what they do all the time (are the video plugins that time consuming?)

Comment

Good news for those still using the Parhelia.
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X