Glad this day is almost over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad this day is almost over

It started out with my entire exhaust system almost completely falling off from the muffler back. I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come get me. We then went to a hardware store so I could buy a hack saw so I could saw off the rest of the muffler and put it in the back of my truck. Easier said then done...

So I get to sawing and find out quickly that the angle is brutal so I get very little motion. I saw a little, my buddy wiggles the exhaust. This goes on for several minutes. At one point I was getting pissed because this simple 5 minute job was taking 15+ minutes. I try to saw faster which ended up with me jamming my knuckle into a bolt(of course ). My finger hurts like a bitch right now(yes I am whining). I then decided I am going to kick my muffler off. Bad idea...

I start to kick the muffler and after the third or so kick, I find out rather painfully that I kicked to high and now have a nice bump and some blood on my shin. Finally, we get it off(after much more hack sawing) but there is a bracket holding up the muffler with these rubber shock absorbers. Well, the shock absorbers are too hard to pull off, so I saw those ****ers off.

Then, the spare tire is in the way, so I have to lower that. FINALLY! the muffler is in the back of my truck.

Work was hell, we have to move to a temporary building for a month because we don't have enough power for new products coming out. I spent all day packing up a lab, a very BIG lab. Joy.

Finally, I am on my way home and my wife calls me and tells me she just got rear ended so now her PT Cruiser is damaged(atleast it wasn't her fault). I then talk to my brother who tells me that his Father-in-;aw got rear ended as well! Jesus!

So, I think I am just going to curl up in a ball and go to sleep and wait for tomorrow.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Wow, sorry to hear about your day. Makes my bad day seem like a good day. Best of luck tomorrow.
    --Insert something here--

Comment

Re: Glad this day is almost over

Originally posted by Helevitia
      It started out with my entire exhaust system almost completely falling off from the muffler back. I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come get me. We then went to a hardware store so I could buy a hack saw so I could saw off the rest of the muffler and put it in the back of my truck. Easier said then done...

So I get to sawing and find out quickly that the angle is brutal so I get very little motion. I saw a little, my buddy wiggles the exhaust. This goes on for several minutes. At one point I was getting pissed because this simple 5 minute job was taking 15+ minutes. I try to saw faster which ended up with me jamming my knuckle into a bolt(of course ). My finger hurts like a bitch right now(yes I am whining). I then decided I am going to kick my muffler off. Bad idea...

I start to kick the muffler and after the third or so kick, I find out rather painfully that I kicked to high and now have a nice bump and some blood on my shin. Finally, we get it off(after much more hack sawing) but there is a bracket holding up the muffler with these rubber shock absorbers. Well, the shock absorbers are too hard to pull off, so I saw those ****ers off.

Then, the spare tire is in the way, so I have to lower that. FINALLY! the muffler is in the back of my truck.

Work was hell, we have to move to a temporary building for a month because we don't have enough power for new products coming out. I spent all day packing up a lab, a very BIG lab. Joy.

Finally, I am on my way home and my wife calls me and tells me she just got rear ended so now her PT Cruiser is damaged(atleast it wasn't her fault). I then talk to my brother who tells me that his Father-in-;aw got rear ended as well! Jesus!

So, I think I am just going to curl up in a ball and go to sleep and wait for tomorrow.
      When my catalytic converter broke (see earlier thread, too lazy to look for it) I rented a reciprocating saw and it just ate through it like nothing, cute my hands in lots of places cause i didn't have much space. The metal is so damn thick, tried sawing it by hand, no way! Unless you Superman or Wolverine.

Exhausts suck if you don't havea garage with proper tools, aka plasma cutter/welder.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
      X