Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G200 Marvel back in system, now some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 Marvel back in system, now some questions.

I finally gave up on the AIW Radeon. Since the AIW Radeon doesn't do VfW, it really did not let me do what I want to do. Plus, ATI's drivers are supposedly improving, but if you have a VIA based Athlon system, you are in for a real nightmare.

I re-installed my old G200 and loaded the Beta W2K Video drivers and Beta W2K Vid Tools. Pretty nice interface.

Besides the crashes I get now, which are probably related to the beta drivers, I am trying to figure out how to capture in RGB. I am not able to choose RGB, the dialog box just says MJPEG where I should have a button to make the choice. I can choose frame size, and fps, etc. Has anyone figured out how to use RGB for captures.

I am really looking forward to seeing if I can capture at 640x480, 64K colors to my hacked Promise RAID 0 Stripe set connected to two Quantum Fireball Plus LM drives.

------------------
    ASUS A7V, 256MB Infineon PC133, "Copper" Athlon 900@1105MHz, GlobalWin FOP38 with Delta 7000 RPM 38CFM fan. eVGA eGeForce2 MX, 3COM 905C NIC, Adaptec 2940UW Ultra-Wide SCSI, SBLive PCI 1024. Segate Medalist PRO 9.1GB UW SCSI 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 4.3GB UW SCSI 7200RPM, Maxtor 20.4GB ATA66 7200RPM 2MB Cache, 8GB tape b/u, Sony IDE Spressa 8x/4x/32x CDROM RW, RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise ATA100 with dual Quantum Fireball Plus LM 30GB ATA66 drives.
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

I know this is an old card, but my issue probably lies more with the drivers and the Beta vid tools, does anyone with a G200 or G400 have the same problem with RGB capture not available?
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

To my knowledge, the BETA video tools for W2K does not yet support RGB-capture!

Many features have yet to be implemented into the drivers, hopefully Matrox is able to release a non-BETA version by the end of May, as they say they would.

------------------
      2+2=5 - but only for extremly large values of 2.
      As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
      My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
      |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Should I just try and use W98 for this? I like W2K because the performance of my system overall is higher, including my Promise FastTrak100 with two Quantum Fireball Plus LM drives configured as RAID 0 Stripe set.

Comment

Using G200 TV version. On old AMD K6-2 333 and Win92 Version B +USB support.

All RGB's are available for capture!

Probably also using earliest version of video tools. (if it aint broke, don't fix it.) Best of luck.

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X