digital audio beeps & ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital audio beeps & ticks

In capturing digital, everything worked fine. Great sound, image, editing with MSP6 all with the latest updates. My system did not have enough hp to output from the timeline. The project I was working on was 1 hr 15 min with 2 cams. ( 2 hrs 30 min of captured video.) Then I upgraded my PII 350 to a PIII 800 with an Asus P3B-F mobo. All other hardware from the old system went into the new. My problem now is high pitch beeps & ticks in the sound track. In looking at the audio track these sounds are 1 sometimes 2 frames long. I can capture the same section of video and the beeps and ticks are not in the same places. I've basically given up on digital capture and use my old RRS. This just really bugs me. If I leave my USB scanner on, it puts similar types of sounds into the soundtrack. I guess it is polling and this creates the sounds. Could something else be polling that's adding these sounds to my soundtrack? The cameras are Panasonic PVDV 910 & PVDV 400. My system:

P3B-F mobo with latest bios (1006)
    PIII 800
    224 megs ram
    Fast Track 66 w/2 IBM 20 gig hd's-(capture only)
    1 SCSI 9 gig-boot disk
    1 SCSI 9 gig for capture
    SCSI CD ROM R/W
    Creative Ensonic Audio PCI (same card was on the 350)
    USB mouse-(have changed this to PS-2 with no change)
    20 gig IBM on mobo primary-(I use this drive just for storage. There is something wrong with this disk. System will not boot from it.I have tried disabling this drive with no change.)
    ZIP drive (I have tried disabling this drive with no change)
    Mystique 220
    RR Studio
    US Robotics modem

Any help is appreciated.
    Dale A

The beeps & ticks I described were all in the raw footage that I captured and placed in the time line. In waveform mode I could hear and see every point where a beep or tick was. I never rendered or printed from the timeline. Out of desperation I printed to tape a small section with many beeps & ticks and the noises went away. They were not there. I don't get it, but I am grateful.

Dale A

Comment

Working...
    X