MSP8 or ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP8 or ???

I haven't heard anything from Ulead regarding MSP8 being on the horizon. As most of you know, I like MSP7, find it easy to use, quite stable and relatively powerful. Still, I'm getting a bit weary of the tiny nonscalable preview windows, limiting moving paths, and lacking audio support. Just to name a few areas I believe need improvement.

If I don't hear anything about a version 8 I think I'll be moving to Vegas for my video editing. I've been using Vegas 4, but only when working with multitrack audio. I've been holding out on moving to Vegas 5 for news of MSP development. I don't want to have Vegas and MSP on my system in the future, nor do I want to pay for both upgrades. I've been paring down the apps I need on my system over the last year or so and I could move to Vegas 5 and possibly dump MSP7 all together.

Plus this place is kind of dying and I think we need some new topics!

Any thoughts?

- Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Mark

I can't say anything publicly (NDA) about MSP8. People have been blindly putting forth wish lists on the MUG forum, these past few weeks, as if it were about to happen but they know no better than you or me. What I can say is that I have been discussing the subject with two of the Ulead personnel and I can confidently state that I would think it very unlikely that it would reach beta stage in the next few months. I may be able to tell you more within about 4 weeks.

I agree that this place seems moribund, possibly because no one has problems any more
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm sure it takes some time to develop and test a program such as this.I would think a wish list maybe a good idea if the right people could convey the info.Now may be a good time to start one.Do you think Ulead would pay atttention ?
      as far as the slow down of this site, I think in the old days we were pioneering the nonlinear editing and constantly push the envelope for capturing high quality video.Now it seems anyone and everyone can capture good quality footage and support for the basic ability to capture and edit is not needed as much.
      I now find the pioneering is relative to a/ shooting better footage and b/ editing it with better style,quality and speed.
      should we expand to include more in these areas?
      ergo improving our editing programs and getting the most from them.
      oops man did I get off topic............. sorry
      smitty

Comment

Smitty

Yes, Ulead will pay some attention but don't expect every idea to be taken into consideration. It is no secret that the quantity of sales of Ulead's Pro range barely justifies the cost of development. The beta testers on this forum will transmit ideas onwards but Ulead already have long lists that the beta testers themselves submitted at the end of v.7 beta testing.

However, I would wait a wee while before making up new wish lists - 'tis not the right moment, yet

Comment

Hope this doesn't sound impertinent: you sound like you're dying for an MSP7 challenge and boy do I have one!

I could start a fresh thread but you guys sound like the cream of the crop in here.

I have a JVC GR-PD1 + MSP7 + HD Plug-in.

I bought the two latter because the UK Ulead site said the Plug-in supported the PD1, which is the Euro cousin of the HD1 and HD10.

I can't capture. It takes two scenes, then folds.

I've messed a lot with settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham

Comment

By the way, the PD1 is not a HD cam, like the US versions. But, like I say, the UK Ulead site claimed the plug in supported the PD1.

Comment

Brian..... I find ulead representation in the pro /semipro arena is very weak ,that is to say few are using it and few have ever tried.
              I would like to see Ulead suceed with a stronger marketing plan.
              I think it is one of the top editing systems in it's price range.
              In order to address that market they will need to make some changes and I for one am hoping they do.
              When the time is right possibly someone might start a thread to explore the possibilities.( although I'm sure most items would originate from beta's)as you guys ARE in the know.
              thanks for the reply
              smitty

Comment

I agree that there is room for improvement and not only in the software development area. I've been raising these issues for some time.

Comment

Working...
                X