Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to punish your kid REALLY hard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...107675670&rd=1
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

wicked

Comment

That punishment would be for starters... today's standards are oh so lax compared to previous generations
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The punishment my son responds to more than anything else, is when he looses all computer privlidges for a day or two.
          --Insert something here--

Comment

Let the punishment fit the crime...

However I would believe the story more if
            - the bugle had been dented rather than the solder joints damaged. Short of heating it to over 183°C (the metallurgical liquidus of tin/lead alloys), the solder joints would be stronger than the thin metal
            - Dom Perignon vintage champagne needed a corkscrew to open it
            - beer needed a corkscrew to open it
            - Dom Perignon 1995 vintage cost $120/bottle: it should be obtainable at ~$80 - 85
            - a bottle of champagne in a fridge for over a year would be drinkable (the cork shrinks in the reduced humidity of a fridge and the gas escapes.)

Nevertheless, it's a good story designed to attract potential bidders.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
              - Dom Perignon vintage champagne needed a corkscrew to open it
              - beer needed a corkscrew to open it

Its also a stupid kid that doesnt know any better. Also I've seen corkscrews with a bottleopen on the other end of them
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

a day or two?!.... LOL do something like this child did and you would have got several months of being grounded to your room, no allowance, not see friends, no nothing... speak out against it and additional time would be added... and that was back before there was video games and computers or TV's in your bedroom. Instead you got more chores, often taking care of them before being asked, spent 3x more doing studies and lots of reading while walking on eggshells being very polite and very quiet

BE I can see it being broken... slammed hard would do it as they were normally lightly tacked together.

I have such corkscrew/bottle opener
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thankfully, my son has never done anything to warrant extreem punnishment *knock on wood*. He's a pretty good kid, just gets mouthy at times, and needs reminded who's the boss. The worst thing he's ever done was sneak a bunch of candy into his room, and try to hide it. I can at least live with that.
                  --Insert something here--

Comment

LOL.... 13 yr old drinking beer and wine hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                      LOL.... 13 yr old drinking beer and wine hahaha
                      Unfortunatley not to uncommon
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

A day or two?

my dad used to take away my nintendo controllers for months at a time.

Comment

Hell where I come from kids are into drugs before that age.

Bart
                          Bart

Comment

..entertaining story at least.
                            Children rarely respect parents or any adult these days. Makes me sad. Goes hand in hand with modern forms of punishment, just not nearly as severe (or effective) as what it used to be. I wish all my parents did was take away a game when i was in trouble.
                            I'm a genie in a bottle BABY, gotta rub ME the right way!!!

Comment

"Time outs" are really the way to go, aren't they? Personally, I think every house should come with a dungeon.

Remember The Great Escape? Steve McQueen kept escaping and they kept catching him, and into the cooler he went. Wait.. didn't work for him, did it? Hmmm.. Maybe you don't give the kid his ball and glove to play with?

Seriously, what spoils a lot of kids is the way mothers treat them like they are the center of the universe when they are toddling around. This makes them feel like she should be their servant later in life, and that if they want something, that is all that matters. Really, if a parent does her job right, there should be little need for punishment after age 4. One swift smack to the hamstring with a wooden spoon when they misbehave during the formative years should do it.. just this one little sting will train them to respect and obey their parents. It must happen young and it must be physical without being really painful or harmful, because there is no reasoning with a child that age.. it is conditioned response all the way, and it works. The Swedish argument that it makes the child feel degraded or humiliated does not really fly here, because the punishment is so quick and limited in scope, and the kid is not self-conscious enough yet to really feel this deep humiliation that the anti-spank Gestapo alludes to.

I agree that spanking an older child in public would be out of hand and too humiliating. After age 6 a child is emotionally mature enough that a spanking usually does more harm than good. Reasoning with the child can then be successful, but only if a basic respect has been ingrained in them early on, and the physical punishment is the only way to really get through at that early stage of life.

By the way, all of this assumes that the parents have good judgement about what is the apropriate punishment for the appropriate offense, and are consistent. It also assumes they give the kid lots of love and respect under normal conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X