Germany - Holland 1:1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany - Holland 1:1

Good game! Germany could've won (and was the better team overall), but nevertheless i think the 1:1 is fair. I was kinda expecting a goal from Holland when Holland began to play better from the ~70th minute. I was just hoping it won't be another France-England.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

yes, I saw the game too, dispite exams are coming

The goal by Holland was pretty awesome.

It was an excellent game.

Comment

Damn ... that's one downside of being in the US. No free access to the EU Tournament

At least ESPN has a page set aside for it.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Germany the better team overall??? What, there was a Germany-Holland volleyball game too or sumting?

It should have been 1-2 for us, in the soccer game at least. Have to say, that Schweinsteiger is an impressive player. Just wonder what his name means.....I got some non-complimentary associations....
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

yep, 1:2 for Holland would be ok, if Holland would have had a 2nd chance to make a goal.

DC

Comment

No, in that case 1-4 would have been fine
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
              It should have been 1-2 for us, in the soccer game at least. Have to say, that Schweinsteiger is an impressive player. Just wonder what his name means.....I got some non-complimentary associations....
              What you mean would be SchweinBEsteiger

1:1 is ok, a victory for Holland would not be fair. Germany was the better team for the complete first half and it was mostly luck for Holland that we didn't score a second goal (very good chances for Wörns after free and cornerkicks)., Holland was better for most of the second half.

What impresses me most, is, that there are many young players in the german team like Schweinsteiger, Kuranyi, Lahm, Friedrich, who are around 19-22 years old. Looks good for the world cup in two years.

Rakido
              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Umfriend, you should be happy you made the 1:1! We were clearly the better team for 70 minutes, but then Holland was pushing for the goal and we fell into the trap so i think the goal was OK. I kept telling myself: We need a second goal or we won't win, and that's how it happened.

Comment

Germany was the better team on the day, but from these performances they will both have to do a lot better.
                  We must wait for the second matches too see who are the good teams, (because I haven't seen one yet)

Breezer
                  Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

No no no....Just cause we had no control for 65 minutes, we had no real connection between the attacker (what's that in English anyway) and the rest of the team, we had some lousy performers in the field loosing out most of their duels (davids, van der vaart to name 2) does _NOT_ mean Germnay was better..... Really, what a ridiculous conclusion! You guys understand the game *at all*??

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you Umfriend but Germany was clearly better than Holland. Holland would even not scored the equalizer if Germany kept the pressing level.
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Poor game but interesting despite that. Germany dominated for 60 minutes with Holland badly out of sorts. A couple more subs finally brought Holland too life and Germany hung on.

Draw a right reselt.

Both Teams very poor compaired to the teams of yesteryear.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

But surely better than England

Comment

What can you say after a 5 - 1 defeat at home.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

In a friendly

Comment

Working...
                              X