ADVC100 clone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC100 clone ?

HI to all of you...I just change from HI8 to DV with a Sony TRV60 and,off course,PC acquisition became like a dream!The TRV does a nice job converting analog video like HI8 footage or direct video
    and vice-versa for translating from DV files to analog use....On this
    forum,the Canopus ADVC100 is considered to be the better choice for doing that.Leaving in France,I find it difficult to buy an
    ADVn special request only they use to say.On the contrary,one can find everywhere-photo stores,super markets and so on.._the
    same kind of device from PinnacleV MOVIE BOX,even quite the same price!Here is the point:never find any report or analysis on this product:anyone can tell ?
    cheers DANIEL

Bad move in my opinion.

The ADVC100 doesn't require any drivers to work, and can work with any app that speaks OHCI fire-wire connections.

Not so the Pinnacle product - it requires a driver which is not available as a standalone entity - its part of a mishmash that gets installed while you install the Pinnacle Studio editing package - ie - it only works with Studio "as advertised" and with nothing else..................

On top of that Audio lock (ala ADVC100) is non-existent - don't care who says they have it in their specs - its not there and people are moaning about it.
    Lawrence

Comment

Salut! Before I bought my ADVC-100, I went through all the comparative reviews I could find. They were UNANIMOUS that the Canopus device was LE meilleur. Since then (nearly two years ago), I've been delighted with it.

There is nothing to stop you from mail-ordering the ADVC-100 in the UK via the Internet: that is what I did. After all, both countries are in the EU. But try http://www.av2p.com/ first.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Bonjour..!here are some valuable informations.I was in favor of the ADVC100 but after your two replies i make up my mind,let's
        go Canopus!I found my first RRS/Mystique220 in a shop but was
        oblliged to order my G450eTV through internet and all ran well!
        Thanks a lot for your help!
        Daniel

Comment

How about the ADVC-300

Hi,

Just wondering if those who are interested in the ADVC100 think the additional features in the ADVC300 are worth the added cost?

TIA,
          George

Comment

The 300 is suffering from a huge lack of decent documentation - see their forums - lots of theoretically very nice features but no way to actually use them as designed because nobody (including CANOPUS by the looks of it) knows exactly how to set the switches and exactly what its influence on the captured material is going to be.

Wouldn't trade my 100 for a 300 atm.
            Lawrence

Comment

Working...
            X