My Project -56k unfriendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Project -56k unfriendly

Well, my project is starting to slowly come together. I don't want to give away too much yet, but wanted to start posting pictures.

What can I tell you about the project?

It is indeed a computer mod project. I wanted to do something completely different than anything out there so this project is almost more than I can handle. It is taking all of my experience I've learned about building and pushing it to the end(which isn't too hard since I really have only done small things). I've been thinking of doing this project for about a year and a half now. I finally started it the Friday before Memorial Day. So let's see, that was...um...let me look....the 28th of May. hmm, it's only been 2 weeks?

Anyway, I hope this comes out good because it is getting expensive and I haven't even bought any of the computer hardware yet! I have some acrylic pieces that should be ready to pick up tomorrow and some laminate that I ordered. The laminate was supposed to come in today but it looks like Monday now. OK, enough babbling, here are some pictures. They aren't much yet.

Oooh! wood! Now that is an exciting picure
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Helevitia; 11 June 2004, 23:17.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I had fun ripping apart this case. I just needed the mobo tray, backing, and the frame around the backing. The piece on the right is one of the acrylic parts being made for me.
    Attached Files
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Biscuits and glue are your friends.
      Attached Files

Comment

Man, I really need to clean up my workbench area.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some better, more revealing pictures soon.

Comment

let me try a long shot in the dark..

you are building triple LCD & parhelia/p system...with the pc hidden away...so u only see the triple screen,mouse,keyboard

neat and tidy..and surround gaming
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Could it be something like my project for when I've moved house? I will resurrect the desk shown in the piccy, and hide a computer in there, with hopefull only 1 power cable and 1 ethernet cable going in, and a couple of LCDs with their own cables disappearing into the desktop. I'm hoping wireless keyboards and mice work through a bit of wooded desktop
              Attached Files
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

And here's the drawer for the gubbins: actually pretty big inside and I hope to be able to duct all the cooling air in and out of the floor of the desk. Drives won't be visible either - accessible by opening on or other of the drawers, or possibly by hinging the top drawer front. Not very far down the design yet...
                Attached Files

Comment

The Great Carnac has told me............

he is building the desk fromthe executive's office in Tron, with all the latest gadgets built in

voice command, softtouch keyboard, stereo,mic,usb,firewire built in and of course a LCD or plasma screen (drool)
                  Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Ooo! You could wear a Tron suit like that bloke made as well

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                      Could it be something like my project for when I've moved house?
                      Again, or is the purchase dragging on?

I'm getting close to building some PC furniture myself...I need more vertical space for the laser, the inkjet and the scanner. I have 2*19" CRTs that take up loads of room.
                      FT.

Comment

Not again - same house - there are tennants in there until early next month and I ain't completing until there's vacant possession... besides which, the vendor's solicitor is being a bit slow too. No matter though, as my current lease isn't up until mid August anyway.

Thinking I'm going to have to go LCD if I want my computer in the sitting room...

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                          I'm hoping wireless keyboards and mice work through a bit of wooded desktop
                          They do

Comment

Since you guys have guessed most of what I am doing, I'll just spill the beans and post new pics.

Yes, I am making a desk and yes, the computer will be built into the desk. I'll explain more as I go along.

This first pic shows the desk skeleton along with the laminate(the big roll), and some of the acrylic pieces. All of the pieces are sitting on the oak top piece. I still need to finish sanding it down and stain it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This second pic shows the acrylic backing I had made. I put the template underneath so you could see what I am replacing.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X