Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surround Games

Hi Paddy,

Just installed Dead To Rights. Cool game and works very fast in surround resolutions, even on max setting. Can be really enjoyable just one same old problem, no way to adjust the FOV and everyone looks stretched.
    2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Alias by Acclaim is another title that would take surround resolution. Unfortunately it seems to only run in 1920x480.
    2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Hi RUS007,
      Sorry I haven't replied sooner .... I've been away for a few days...
      Thanks for the info regarding these games ... leave it with me ...
      I'll have to get the games and then talk to Dave ...
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
      480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
      Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Not a problem Paddy

Comment

I thought of 2 more titles C&C Renegade and James Bond NightFire both worked in Surround resolutions.

Comment

Your really coming up with them now ...

I'll ask Dave if he can help us out.
            My Systems :
            Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

I'll try to focus on the new titles ... those 2 just hit my mind cause I played both of them from begging to the end and one was too zoomed in and the other one turned everyone into short fat people.

Comment

renegade ive tried"lOVED the game when it came out, still do" Ive talked to many people whove played this game and they all claim that the game does NOT have a fov command nor any way to change the fov through configs and in game, so we will have to resort to file dissasembly of the exe(something char is a pro at)
                SaTaN^666

Comment

This is why I started this discussion. So Dave at Toca tools can create a hack tool for the games. All I’m doing is coming up with games here that can run in surround resolution.

Comment

oh.maybe I shud mention some too :/. star wars pod racer would be great, I cud have sworn I saw pod racer (in some arcade or on tv or something) where the player had screens and the 2 throtle sticks for the pod. maybe I was dreaming :/
                    SaTaN^666

Comment

Well... I list games here for Paddy that I have tested my self and know for a fact I can make them work across 3 screens, and it’s up to Dave at Toca tools to fix the height and zoom in the game.

Comment

Hi Paddy,

Noticed you asked for a Screen on C&C Tiberian Sun in the Matrox forum. Before I had the chance to reply they shut down. Here is a screenshot. Works really great, no need to correct anything. I've also tried C&C, C&C Red Alert and C&C Generals and all 3 were no go. Going to see if I can find a copy of Red Alert 2

Comment

Thanks RUS .... looks good ! ....
                          My Systems :

Comment

Hi RUS,
                            I installed Red Alert 2 .... it works fine in Surround.
                            If you choose a resolution that is too high (3840x1024) then you get a jagged edge where the battlefield area ends.... and when you scroll the battlefield area can jump position on the screen.
                            The screen width is greater than the battlefield area width and so jaggy lines and the jumping.

On lower resolutions this isn't a problem as the scrolling stops once you reached the edge of the battlefield area. 3072x768 is acceptable ... but there is a small amount of jumping.

I'm not sure if this is my sort of game or not ... I'll have to give it an hour or two more .... but I know my nephew is gona love it ... thank you warpblade ...

For anyone that wants to know how to set it up look here ...

My Systems :

Comment

I want renegade in sg
                              SaTaN^666

Comment

Working...
                              X