Switching connectors on a fan!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching connectors on a fan!?

I need to replace a 40mm fan in a switch at work because the old one is dieing. The one in the switch has a 2-pin connector but all the fans I can find around here have 3 pin connectors.

So my question is... I should be able to switch the connectors around fairly easily right!? Is this any different than the 4-pin connectors on your standard PSU and most case fans?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

The third wire is just for rpm feedback. You don't need it if you don't want it.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You may want to try some fan maintenance first

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think this one is beyond maintenance, but I'll check it out before I replace it

Wombat.. thanks, that's basically what I needed to know.
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Working...
        X