XBOX modding hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX modding hell.

I have spent the last 24hours trying to modify my XBOX.

I have read that the TOSP can be flashed using a savegame exploit if you enable write access - which I have done.

The next step is getting the file onto the XBOX's HD.

I installed slackware and patched it using xbox-linux's linux-2.4.20-dev-0.6.1 patch, compiled the kernel, modified lilo and rebooted.

My modified linux boots but I cannot for the life of me mount a harddrive using the FATX filesystem.

Whenever I try to mount the volume I get a 'wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda, or too many mounted systems' It's driving me nuts.

Has anyone managed to modify an XBOX without resorting to chipping it?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

If the mods think this is inappropriate for this forum please feel free to delete the post

Paddy
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Sorry. couldnt help my self. Its a microsoft product, what do you expect?

i think some people has done the same there.. Check to forums.

JD.
    Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

I think I may just splash out and buy an action replay for the XBOX. I'll be able to transfer the exploit savegame easily then.. It's still cheaper than a mod chip and i wont have to resort to a hardware mod...
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

try mounting /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/hda
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

I usually get that error when I forget to compile the right fs-stuff in the kernel (or only compile it as a module). any chance that you missed something here?

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Finally got it working (unfortunatley at the same time as i deleted the MBR on my rig )

I now have a HTPC

I can stream audio/video from my PC and play unsigned code and much, much more. All without a mod chip

I love this

Now to find some classic console emulators

Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It's actually very easy to do, once you have three CDs.... It just took me three days to make them

I'm off round to my mates to do his.... Shouldn't take more than 10mins.

Can you get wireless adaptors that will fit into a RJ45 port?
                It would be nice to have a wireless connection to my TV

Comment

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The bridge is more expensive than the access point. Is there any reason why I cant have two access points?

Comment

This mod is fantastic!

I can play MegaDrive, SNES and N64 ROMs when my wife is out. And Stream video, music and pictures when she is in

I would recommend this to anyone!

Comment

I was thinking of building an HTPC, I might just settle for a modded XBOX...

My only concern is support for the codecs and, since I've never really used it, Linux itself...

Comment

If you know someone with a modded box it is much much easier as you can skip the whole linux part.

My wife is thinking about getting me modded so that I can do more stuff too!

Comment

If she finds a good mod for playing movies and other emus, I'll ask my wife to contact her

Comment

Working...
                            X