Internet Explorer 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 6

Yes, yes. IE6 is Microsoft software (blah)...

however, having had it since beta release before XP, I am rather fond of and used to it.

Anyway, IE6 was recently hijacked by 'incredifind.com', and I got rid of it with HijackThis!.exe... Now, while it was hijacked, I could not reach any site, as it would always try to take me to incredifind.com. So, now after I got rid of this hijacker, I still cannot access the internet through IE6.

Hold on to your hats, it gets better. I can, however, access the internet through Windows Explorer (for file browsing), like usual, as well as any other brower, Mozilla, Opera, etc. Those are fine and all that, but I want to use IE6... My attempts at uninstalling and reinstalling have ended up with the IE6 install file complaining that a newer version of IE6 is already installed, so it will not continue.

Has anyone seen anything like this or even have any idea how to fix it?

I thank you in advance.

This should help.

BTW, I'm not sure you used the best tool...

Comment

When in doubt, I use spybot. Never been disappointed.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        When in doubt, I use spybot. Never been disappointed.
        Actually, there are one or two things that HiJack gets that Spybot misses.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

well, none of those worked... so right now I have resigned myself to Opera. cracked of course.

and... the only good thing about this is the lack of excess popups...

Thank you.

Comment

well if you don't think it's worth its money, you can always use firefox instead.

Comment

Sonewhere oh somewhere there still will be a high jack. Try it in safe mode with networking support enabled. It may work. I've had this happen and it was due a toolbar that hadn't be uninstalled properly.

Solution, re-install the spyware and then in this case use the uninstall programme, if there is one, then run the spyware removal tools to clean up the leftovers.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X