Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Operations

Makes Battle Field 1942 look like Quake 1

Download apps and games for Android. Discover new apps, read the reviews and download the APK. Safe and virus-free.

Check it out!!!!!!!!

Anyone playing the demo yet on the Parhelia? It's a DX 9.0 game

The screenshots look very pretty. If I get a chance this coming weekend (not likely ) I will give it a go on a P...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

looks neat no sys reqs listed anywhere tho
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Does this game run on the Parhelia?

Does this game run in surround? (Is there a hack?)
        Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

The Novalogic website says
          Q: What are the minimum system requirements to run Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising?

Answer:

VIDEO CARD:

* DirectX 9.0 AGP video card with 32MB & HW-T&L required. 128MB or greater recommended.
          * Compatible 3D cards include: nVidia GeForce 2, 3, 4, 59xx, 6xxx and ATI Radeon 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X800.
          * We do not support the following video cards: ATI Rage, FireGL, NVIDIA Quadro, TNT/TNT2 and Vanta chipsets,Kyro,Kyro II, Intel 810 and 815, SiS, Xabre, Matrox chipsets. Video cards without pixel shaders or with less than 128MB ram will not support all graphics features.

OPERATING SYSTEM:

* Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP

CPU TYPE & SPEED:

* Minimum: Pentium® III 1.2 GHZ equivalent
          * Recommended: Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ equivalent

MOTHERBOARD:

* Minimum: AGP 2X
          * Recommended: AGP 4X

HARD DRIVE SPACE:

* 1.5 GB available

SYSTEM MEMORY:

* Minimum: 256MB
          * Recommended: 512MB

MEMORY SPEED:

* Recommended: 266 MHz DDR (PC2100) or better

CD-ROM SPEED:

* 16x or greater CD-ROM drive

DIRECTX:

* DirectX 9.0b required. Click here to get it!

SOUND CARDS:

* Windows compatible

CONTROLLERS:

* Windows® compatible mouse

INTERNET:

* Minimum: 56k internet connection
          * Recommended: Cable modem or DSL internet connection

Comment

I've been playing both JO: Typhon Rising, and the expansion pack, JO: Escalation. It's pretty system intensive. With an FX-53 and GT6800, I average about 55 FPS at 1024 X768, 2X FSAA and AF on "high". To me, I don't think the game looks that good.....just okay.

Keep in mind, this is a Novalogic game, which means the netcode is absolutely horrible. I real only enjoy co-op now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Ray
              I've been playing both JO: Typhon Rising, and the expansion pack, JO: Escalation. It's pretty system intensive. With an FX-53 and GT6800, I average about 55 FPS at 1024 X768, 2X FSAA and AF on "high". To me, I don't think the game looks that good.....just okay.

Keep in mind, this is a Novalogic game, which means the netcode is absolutely horrible. I real only enjoy co-op now.....
              I have to agree with this. those screenshots look really nice, but in game it is only so-so. the rendering engine Novalogic used in it and in DF:BHD kinda bothers me.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
              X