Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD to MPEG-2

Hi All,

I'm looking for a program that converte DVDs (vob files) to mpeg-2. Both Ulead and TMPGEnc can do it, but I'm looking for a standalone prog. that will do just that and extract in a single clip.

Regards,

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

There's bound to be something available here:
    Download free Decrypters (DVD Rippers) software. Software reviews. Changelog.

If that fails, I've renamed .vob files to .mpg in the past. This isn't a "True" extracting/conversion to an mpg file (header info and other stuff gets lost or mis-reported in the mpg file), but it works in a bind -- depending on how long your video is (make a backup copy of the .vob files before attempting this approach)...

Regards,
    George

Comment

Hi George,

Thaks for your response. I have also had some good results using the method you have described. However as you well know this is not always relyable and with some DVDs it will not work out at all. I have been using TMPGEnc DVD Author for this job and it renders a single MPEG-2 file (depending on the size). However I was hopeing to find a sofrware that does just that but it appears to be somewhat rare.

Regards,

Debbie
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Hi Debbie,

I'm not certain, but I recall reading somewhere that DVD Lab from MediaChance might be able to do what you are asking -- import .vob's as one continuous .mpg file, but again I am not certain about that...

hth,
        George

Comment

Working...
        X