Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 can't play HuffYUV?

Doc tell me it isn't so!

MPEG and DV AVIs and most things that play in media player (real meadia yes, QT *.mov some do some don't, old VfW cinepak & indeo some do some don't) do play out the DVDmax TV out feature with outstanding quality (assuming quality was there to start with) but no HuffYUV!

Is there a solution? I could like this G450 very much, but if I can't get HuffYUV out the DVDmax, its going back! I can live with the WinDVD2.3 VCD playback problem I mentioned in an earlier post (machine doensn't have a DVDROM drive).

--wally.

As I've noted before HuffYUV isn't really intended as a PLAYBACK format. You need a very big system to pull that off. HuffYUV is really intended for getting lossless captures you can encode (after editing) into other formats for playback.

I typically use MPEG-2, PICVideo MJPeg and DV for large format projects and MPEG-1 for small format projects.

That said I don't have any problem at all playing HuffYUV to the DVDMax TV output of my PIII/850 RT-2000 system (G400 Flex). Same goes for my PIII/850 Marvel G400 setup. I'm unaware of any difference between their DVDMax and that of the G450.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc,

The HuffYUV clips playback fine in media player, but nothing comes out the DVDmax :-(
      As I said, DV and MPEG and most other codecs do so as well. Recieved a clue about WinDVD and now it is playing correctly with DVDmax.

Hate to say it, but this may be another case of Matrox having half-assed w2k drivers -- which would justify me sending it back.

Does DVDmax play your MSP6 previews? It plays my clip in the source window, but I'd rather it play the previews :-) Do you know of an ini setting to switch this?
      I'd keep it if I could scrub previews in MSP6 with it.

--wally.

Comment

I haven't really had time to figure out Premiere 6 with the Marvels yet. All my use has been with the RT-2000.

When I know, you'll know.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Media Studio 6, not Premiere 6 at the moment.

Its getting late.

--wally.

Comment

Yes, it most certainly is

Actually I don't have any problem at all with MSPro6's previews going to the vidout on either the RT-2000 or Marvel G400 systems, but that's under Win98SE.

I don't have a clue as to why HuffYUV won't go to the vidout, but I doubt its related to the G450 if all the other codecs work with it. Perhaps it's a problem with the HuffYUV installation.

What rez are you using for the files?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yep. I ran into this same problem with my G450. I switched to the PICVideo MJPEG codec in the "20" quality mode.. File sizes are about the same as HuffYUV, and it works with DVDMax.

Comment

Working...
              X