I need help with a bug when I try and play a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a bug when I try and play a game

Okay, so I have been trying to play DAOC which I used to play. I rebought the game and installed it on my computer. Every time I click on the icon to play it I get the two second hour glass than nothing happens. I talked to DAOC support staff for a couple of days and they said it was a program probably or adware or somethign that is preventing it from running. I have the minimum programs on startup that Ican have and My computer was adware free. I got one other adware, but the game didn't work with all adware gone. I am using Windows XP.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is there anything I could try to fix it? I have done norton anti virus, ad-aware 6.0, Spybot S&D, HijackThis, and defragged my computer. What is there BESIDES A BAD INSTALL that could be effecting my computer...heh the call in tech support said the only thing it could be was a bad install...they didn't ask any questions they just kept saying it was a bad install. And, all my drives are updated.

The guy at the support said the only think he could think of was to just reformat the hard drive...he said that was his last resort but he can't think of anything else that would do it. Thanks in advance.

You may get better help if you post in the correct forum. Try the gaming forum.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
    X